Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... but I'm back in the 166 fold. Again!

Just bought a 2003 pre-facelift 3.0 Sportronic in Proteo Red on 101k miles that's been sitting in a yard for about a year since it failed its MoT. It only needed a small amount of work to get it roadworthy, but is now tested, taxed and back on the road again.

I've just been for a quick test run from Oxford to Bristol to Gloucester and back again - 170-ish miles (averaging 46mph and 26mpg, according to the ICS) - and everything seems to work as it should. The car is as quick, quiet and comfortable as I remember these being, so I'm glad to be back in the fold again!

Jobs to do (so far...): front pads (and possibly disks); replacement rear bumper (badly scuffed one side, bent on the other).

Elephant in the room: no history to speak of (although the car has had work at Alfa Aid in Maidenhead twice in the recent past); so no idea re. cambelt. It'll get a new one if I like the car and decide to keep it (which to be honest, I probably will...)

And a shout out to clydey on the Digital Kaos forum who was able to provide me with an ICS code in a matter of hours: Alfa 166 Becker BE2580 code

And finally: the car is poverty spec, so has velour seats and no CD changer. If anyone has a grey leather interior (just need the seats!) then I'd be interested!

I'm sure there'll be more to report... but at least this is one more 166 saved from the scrapyard!

cheers,

Jeremy

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks lovely. Wish there were more in that deep red instead of the ubiquitous silver (all mine have been silver). The rear three quarter profile always does it for me. I hope it's a keeper.

·
Registered
945 Posts
top banana :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Proteo Red, my fave colour. I'm taking the black leather Lusso interior out of one of my 166's soon if that's any good for you. I'm in Durham.

·
Administrator
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Sportwagon
5,653 Posts
Very nice, brings back memories of when I first had mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts