Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arite folks. Its been a while since Ive posted so sorry for that. Nice to be back though :)

Ok so Im after the rubber pads for the pedal cluster. Anyone got any they would sell or can I get them new?

Also, shes been runnin a little lumpy recently. Put my foot down and nothing, then all of a sudden she pulls. Almost feels like turbo lag. Doesnt happen every day and when it does its only once and its fine for the rest of the day.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Jon

·
Registered
274 Posts
As you say it doesn't happen all the time.. meaning its electrical related.. Uhm have you tried unplugging the MAF or lambda and taken the car for a drive to see if there's any difference?

I'm betting its more on the lambda side of things

Sean

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the last thing I thought to do really because both the sensor and MAF were changed just over a year ago. I'll give MAF a clean and see if that helps. Maybe need to look at spark plugs? Been out in her all day and no problems. Passed its MOT today to with flying colours :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Its the last thing I thought to do really because both the sensor and MAF were changed just over a year ago. I'll give MAF a clean and see if that helps. Maybe need to look at spark plugs? Been out in her all day and no problems. Passed its MOT today to with flying colours :)
seeing you passed MOT without any hastles, I'm sure that your lambda is in order :thumbs:

These MAF's are strange temperamental things but maybe just give it a thorough clean and see if there's any improvement in performance? If I were you I'd take the plugs out and give them a good clean, checking the gaps aswell.

Maybe just take your air filter out and give it a good bash against the concrete :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll check the plugs this weekend. Been out for a real long run today and its been great. Just a little lumpy first thing, despite letting it warm up good n proper. The air filter is a K&N induction kit which was cleaned and oiled about a week ago so I know it aint that :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
No mate don't oil your air filter:cry: It kills your MAF !!

That oil goes into your MAF and just ruins everything in its path.. rather run the filter dry.

Hope this helps bud

1 - 6 of 6 Posts