Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adore the looks of my black 159 Sportwagon. I can honestly say that there isn't a single bad angle to view it from and it has to be (IMHO) one of the prettiest, yet most imposing estate cars on the road. I can't stop staring at it! Then why, in the 5 months I've owned it has no pedestrian or other road user ever turned their head for a second look? Not one complimentary comment either! I used to run an MG ZT (all a bit bling - but full of purposeful character) and it seemed I couldn't park it anywhere for people complimenting me on ITS looks!

I'm no show-off, but it's always a nice feeling when others show their admiration for your choice of car.

Any of you 159 owners getting more rubber-necking from others than me?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I adore the looks of my black 159 Sportwagon. I can honestly say that there isn't a single bad angle to view it from and it has to be (IMHO) one of the prettiest, yet most imposing estate cars on the road. I can't stop staring at it! Then why, in the 5 months I've owned it has no pedestrian or other road user ever turned their head for a second look? Not one complimentary comment either! I used to run an MG ZT (all a bit bling - but full of purposeful character) and it seemed I couldn't park it anywhere for people complimenting me on ITS looks!

I'm no show-off, but it's always a nice feeling when others show their admiration for your choice of car.

Any of you 159 owners getting more rubber-necking from others than me?:rolleyes:

You do when you drive a Brera.:thumbs:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love to - but couldn't get the family and their junk in one. For the foreseeable future, it's estate car ownership for me!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Had my 159 ti for 3 weeks and lost count of the compliments I have had:thumbs: . Neighbours with A4's and 3 series have all admitted they prefer the look of my "Batmobile" as it's been christened:lol: !!!

Watch people when they walk past your motor but make sure they can't see you looking at them, then you will see:wow:. Most don't like to admit they are impressed!! ;)

A

·
0 Posts
not a day goes buy where my 159 does not cause near road accidents due to drivers staring... :lol:
do people have an eye for style in your suburb?
seems to me you have a lot of blind people in your area... :cheese:
don't worry pacific_heights your estate is truly beautiful. :thumbs:

·
Registered
694 Posts
I agree 100%
The 159SW, especially in black & with the tan leather interior is beautiful & the best looking estate car going.
As the kids are growing up, my Brera will have to go in a year & a half (when the lease deal ends), & plan A is a 159. I think the SW is even better looking than the saloon! Its just the enging size/type which is yet to be decided. I'm not sure I will be able to continue to justify the 3.2, & may have to try a 2.4 diesel out.
Matt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose I must be a bit of a show-off if I posted this thread in the first place! It always kinda makes your ego swell when others give a nod to your style...:D

D

·
0 Posts
:wow:
You know it's un PC to say estate now ... It's sport wagon don't you know :p
Why has the word estate got all uncool all of a sudden and everything has to be a sport wagon or sport utility ... there's nothing sporty about a van.

I'd love one personally, if the 147 keeps going for another 5 or so years I'll be looking at a 159 estate for the next car so I can get the bikes, tent, kite, camping chairs and allsorts in the back ... and get a decent nights kip in the boot at beer festivals, the 147 is a tad too short for a 6-footer like me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
pacific_heights,
i know exactly how you feel!
i think my 159 SW is so beautiful.
but over here in Hong Kong... i don't get noticed at all!
i say this because i am used to being starred at in my elise:cool:
it works out fine too, cause now when i leave early from work,
i am not worried about being spotted by my boss.:lol:

·
Registered
346 Posts
FWIW, I think the 159 SW is a stunningly good looking car; maybe even better than the 156 SW, which is saying something. But it's also quite subtle and understated, not everyone will get it straight away.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I suppose I must be a bit of a show-off if I posted this thread in the first place! It always kinda makes your ego swell when others give a nod to your style...:D
BUT nobody likes yours, must be something wrong with it :D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
My Ti Saloon gets loads of admiring stares & glances which pleases me and scares me in equal measure (the jealousy angle). I caught a glance of it today in a big shop front window whilst moving slowly in traffic. It does look menacing, muscular and oh so very cool:inlove:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have had loads of admirers from day one. It is great in slow traffic and you catch on comming drivers trying to look as if they aren't looking.

Mine is solid black with 17" multispokes and Ti mirrors when clean she is a stunner. I also drive with day running lights so that sort of draws attention as well, my family, neighbours and work colleagues all just drool over it.

My 10 year old niece anounced to her parents the other day that her uncle is so cool because he has the coolest car in the world...that in its self justifies the 2 + hours spent every Sunday washing her and scrubing those damn wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's a car....it looks good....going round a bend with the window down I heard a 7ish year old lad say to his mother 'look at THAT Mum' as a 1.9 jtdm lusso it's got comfy leather, handles well - but NOT 'outstanding' motor in any way....I'd like to test drive the new Mondeo......or an Alfa with a 'proper' performance engine - the 1.9 jtdm is 'OK' but still a slogging tractor derived power unit. NO power under - say 1500 rpm... and dies below 5000 rpm - that's only a 'useable' 3500 rev range.
IS THAT HOW A 'REAL' ALFA SHOULD PERFORM ?
I think not !
Put a boxer engine in the thing - with twin turbos and/or a 'kompressor' or 2 and make the Alfa name stand out again from the rest of the dreary bunch.
Stop trying to be an 'up market' Fiat !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts