Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Bit of advice.

Dont let anyone (ever) pay you via PayPal for items that are cash on collection (eg cars!)

It leaves you wide open to being scammed after they have driven off with your P&J, and PayPal can be absolute sods to deal with.

Cleared BACS bank transfer (not bankers draft) or cold hard cash are the only ways you should be taking payment in a private sale.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hope you achieve the price, I have just completed a similar journey involving Italy It is the 2nd time I have taken an Alfa back to its home country and they both ran beautifully especially in Italy. Mine is also sliver and a thing of beauty but I could not be parted from it. Good luck but as Euroboy says, get the cash first. Are you replacing it with anyhting ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not looking to replace at moment. I'm a big boy when it comes to price. Its worth £0 if no one wants it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I used paypal recently on recent purchase of MTB(Cannondale Tourine) , met the chap down down in Bath , we met in car park , sounds dodgy I know , tested the bike , all good , went to put through on paypal via my phone and poor signal at the time so would not work , top bloke said he was happy for us to take the bike without paying and we could sort out paying later which of course I did on as soon as I got home.

I found this amazing that a complete stranger would trust anther complete stranger ,not sure I could have done the same .

My point being not all people are scammers most are pretty decent citizens.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes most of the people I've met buying and selling cars have been great. Only a few whingers wanting to buy out of their pocket money.
Paypal is famous for confirming payment then doing a chargeback later when it finds something wrong, after you've parted with the goods.
Could not bear to part with our Spider, over the seven years we've had it nearly everything has been rebuilt and it runs as smooth as silk this year.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I used paypal recently on recent purchase of MTB(Cannondale Tourine) , met the chap down down in Bath , we met in car park , sounds dodgy I know , tested the bike , all good , went to put through on paypal via my phone and poor signal at the time so would not work , top bloke said he was happy for us to take the bike without paying and we could sort out paying later which of course I did on as soon as I got home.

I found this amazing that a complete stranger would trust anther complete stranger ,not sure I could have done the same .

My point being not all people are scammers most are pretty decent citizens.

The bike was probably nicked :)

Only joking, I agree with your comments. Having used eBay and Paypal particularly countless times over many years in the main they are all good however 5-10% of transactions have problems and the resolution process is a complete joke !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts