Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

Here is my beautiful Alfa Romeo GTV in Verde Tropico (Green). The big end bearings have gone in the last week, and currently the engine turns over but doesn’t start. The car cannot be driven away – it needs a new engine or at least new big end bearings fitted.

I bought this car in July 2007 and used it on short commutes to work (7 mile return journey) and days out on the weekend. I would've like to have sourced my own engine, and refitted it myself but don’t have all the tools and the girlfriend wants a car that she can drive.

It has been fully serviced as recent as November with the Full Service History; I’ve only ever had it serviced at Black and White Alfa Garage (Thatcham) as shown by the stamps. With all the rest of the work, I’ve kept all the invoices as a record of work undertaken (shown in pics).

All the tyres are in good condition, with considerable tread left on them; the front tyres were replaced in January, along with the alignment checked and corrected. I have master key, main key and service key; although previous owner had lost remote locking key. Therefore, alarm unit is installed but doesn't engage without remote.

MOT until July 2011; Taxed till August 2011

I have had lots of work done on the car; recent parts fitted include:

- New handbrake and gear stick gaiters (leather) (February)

- New pedal rubbers (October)

- New clutch (September)

- New NSR Anti-roll bar link (August)

- New Sendai CD Player Headunit (4x45W) (July)

- New Rear bump stops

- New battery

- Reconditioned Wing Mirrors (in November)

- Reconditioned NS door panel (in January)

- Reconditioned Alloy engine cover (in March)

The bodywork is in good condition (due to the high-quality cleaning products used) and the colour is amazing (no fading), especially in the rain. It does have a dent on the rear bumper, and a scratch on the front bumper (shown in pics).

It has a new condenser and flex hose fitted but there is a small leak at the joins which needs to be tightened.

Overall the car is in good condition for its year and when powered drives very well. It was a labour of love and I’ve had most parts replaced on it, but now it needs a new home and someone who can give it a new engine.

Payment by PayPal, local pickup only (Richmond). Contact me if you want to view the car.
I've also advertised this item on eBay.

The big end bearings have gone in the last week, and currently the engine turns over but doesn’t start.
The car cannot be driven away – it needs a new engine or at least new big end bearings fitted.

Pictures: https://picasaweb.google.com/102719...?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ_tht2azuv-SA&feat=directlink

Price: £350 ONO

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
Oh no, what a shame, you must be gutted. The car definitely looks well cared for. It's such a nice colour that I would almost be interested in buying it and using the engine from my car, however I won't be doing that.

Out of interest, how many miles had the engine / car covered before it died?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point Starkers, see below for more details:

Colour: Green
Engine Size: 1,970 cc
Power: 150
Seats: 4 (2+2)
MOT Expiry: Jul-11
Drive Side: Right-hand drive
Road Tax: Aug-11
Previous Owners: 7
Transmission: Manual
Fuel: Petrol
Service History: Yes
Safety Features: Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Driver Airbag, Immobiliser, Passenger Airbag, Rear seat belts, Safety Belt Pretensioners
Manufacturer: Alfa Romeo
Model: GTV
Type: Coupe
Mileage: 135193
Doors: 2
Model Year: 1996
Reg. Date: 29-Aug-96
Exterior: Alloy Wheels, Catalytic Converter
V5 Document: Present
Manufacturer's Warranty: --
In-Car Audio: AM/FM Stereo, CD Player
Interior/Comfort Options: Leather Seats, Power-assisted Steering (PAS), Power Locks, Power Windows, Tilt Steering Wheel

·
Registered
963 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts