Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
hi all, i've been looking around for a nice classic alfa, the 1900css being my favourite but well out of price range.
i do like this one Alfa RomeoÂ*Junior GT Evocazione - for sale at Hexagon Modern Classics and they have sold a couple previously as well very similar.
Has anyone seen this car.
thanks
Not been to see this car, but talked to the chap from Hexagon about it at the London Classic Car Show, and he said it was a hoot to drive...

I'm watching it with interest as it is a doppelganger of my wide body GTA junior replica built a couple of years ago....

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
hi all, i've been looking around for a nice classic alfa, the 1900css being my favourite but well out of price range.
i do like this one Alfa RomeoÂ*Junior GT Evocazione - for sale at Hexagon Modern Classics and they have sold a couple previously as well very similar.
Has anyone seen this car.
thanks
Haven't seen that one in the flesh but it looks nice. If it is a high quality job it could be good value because Harry is right, it would cost you a lot more to have one built to that spec. You need to see it up close though.

this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/1812...81260132846&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&rmvSB=true seems to have been up for sale forever, would it be the price or build quality not up to the price they are asking
Several people have said that one is priced not to sell because the owner can carry it on the books of his firm if it is for sale. Tax advantages or some such reason. The price went up by £10 K a while back (it was always up for £59,990).

·
Registered
428 Posts
Several people have said that one is priced not to sell because the owner can carry it on the books of his firm if it is for sale. Tax advantages or some such reason. The price went up by £10 K a while back (it was always up for £59,990).
That's one way of making your balance sheet look healthy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
these seem awfully pricey to me. are they aluminium bodied? 200+ hp?
These are GTAm replicas. GTAms were steel body with fibre glass arches, so I wouldn't expect it to be aluminium, however Simon Johnson's is almost all fibre glass. I'm sure he can elaborate on this

·
Registered
371 Posts
That Hexagon car looks really nicely done. Bear in mind that any step front car in decent nick is 20k these days to build something like that would cost you more. I don't know the car but lots of the parts look familiar, those are our wheels, grille, exhaust etc.

The other one has been for sale since he finished it about 5 years ago...

Out of interest, the 1750/2000 GTAm was steel bodied (it was just a USA spec 1750GTV MK 1) but these wide body step fronts were ally like the GTA, being based on the 1300 GTA Junior, in fact some of them WERE old 1600 GTAs converted to 1300 spec when the class rules made the 1600 uncompetitive. Like this one we rebuilt-

1965 1600 GTA Corsa ex-Stahlberg Racing Restoration - AR 613834 - Classic Alfa Romeo spare parts

G

·
0 Posts
That Hexagon car looks really nicely done. Bear in mind that any step front car in decent nick is 20k these days to build something like that would cost you more. I don't know the car but lots of the parts look familiar, those are our wheels, grille, exhaust etc.

The other one has been for sale since he finished it about 5 years ago...

Out of interest, the 1750/2000 GTAm was steel bodied (it was just a USA spec 1750GTV MK 1) but these wide body step fronts were ally like the GTA, being based on the 1300 GTA Junior, in fact some of them WERE old 1600 GTAs converted to 1300 spec when the class rules made the 1600 uncompetitive. Like this one we rebuilt-

1965 1600 GTA Corsa ex-Stahlberg Racing Restoration - AR 613834 - Classic Alfa Romeo spare parts
:cool: It must be hell working there Jim!

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Not been to see this car, but talked to the chap from Hexagon about it at the London Classic Car Show, and he said it was a hoot to drive...

I'm watching it with interest as it is a doppelganger of my wide body GTA junior replica built a couple of years ago....

Very, very nice Simon.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did you drive a Frogeye Sprite back in the day or was that another Simon Johnson?
Ha! I did... a VERY long time ago... 1974 I think!

Sorry 356boy - got a bit off the subject here... If you're interested you should have a look at the Hexagon car - it looks to have been done to a high standard, and, as Harry observed, although it looks pricey, it would certainly cost that to build one properly...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts