Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Regional Support South, Is there a meet near you?
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got another cracker for you folks :D

Our destination is the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, and we'll be linking up with a contingent from the South West as well.

http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/ipus/beaulieu/getting-here

There's a Hot Rod and Muscle car meet going on that day as well as the recently opened Top Gear exhibit where some of their well known "Creations" are on display including the Boat Challenge and the Limo's (including the Alfa-SAAB)

Run Details *** updated ***

The run down will start from here which is just off the A3 if you follow the turn off for the A25 & Leisure Centre and then turn left when you get to the traffic lights then turn right at the next traffic lights and go to the next set you'll see a retail park on you're right with a Burger King / McD's meet at 9.45 for a 10.00 sharp departure

From there we'll follow this route down to Beaulieu

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Europa+Park+Rd&daddr=A31+to:A32+to:A3090+to:A31/Romsey+Rd+to:B3079/Roger+Penny+Way+to:B3078/Roger+Penny+Way+to:Unknown+road+to:Unknown+road+to:Burley+Rd+to:50.82421,-1.458693&geocode=FUn9DQMdHSr3_w;FdjgDAMdvv_x_w;FSETCwMdvDPw_w;FVDZCgMd7v7q_w;FTwhCQMd6xbo_w;FdoPCQMdiWXn_w;FURpCQMdMOXl_w;FXRNBgMd5HDl_w;FfYtBwMd6p3m_w;FRhrBwMdHNzn_w;&hl=en&mra=mi&mrcr=4&mrsp=10&sz=15&via=1,2,3,4,6&sll=50.818625,-1.457577&sspn=0.019847,0.029697&ie=UTF8&ll=50.989557,-1.073914&spn=1.265546,1.900635&t=h&z=9

We should arrive at Brook (Point B on the Map at around 11.45am so those coming down the A27 should meet us here)

We will then continue on to Christchurch Sainsbury's (Point C on Map) to arrive for 12.30pm to meet those coming from Bournemouth and Possibly the South West crew

Then a nice run through the new forest to beaulieu which should get us there for 1pm-ish

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Awesome, is this gona be one of those meeting at 9am on a sunday morning jobs or is it planned for a bit later in the day?

Its a long drive for me and im not sure on getting up at 6am

·
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't sorted times yet but not too early hopefully..

First thing I need to do is work out the route down and how long that's going to take and I need to speak to Jay W as well to see what time the South West group are planning on arriving.. times will be published soon.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Have to be a maybe at the mo....

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I should be OK for this too, although I've got a clash with the Newark kit car show the same weekend. I'm hoping to do Newark on the Saturday.

So our visit coincides with Victory Wheelers "Hot Rod and Custom Drive-in"? Sounds good - I'm into American muscle as well as Italian stuff :D

Only... since the AO website update I can't see how to RSVP an event. Does the event have to be re-listed to get the RSVP box back?

Looking forward to another good run out with AO :D Let's hope that the longest day of the year is a dry one!

Lauren

·
Registered
384 Posts
Now upgraded to a yes (subject to being south) but with a change of car...hayfever killed the spider experience...so it's been replaced with a 155 twinny (got a soft spot for these...this is no.3 for me) for me to play with.

Jon Jeffryes

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Im in.
What time are you guys likely to be at beaulieu.? I live not far from there but im not too keen on meeting on the m25.
I hate that road.
But im more than happy to hook up with you lot when you get there.
Count me in.
I cant seem to opt in at the mo so can the mod for this event please add me. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
If the weather looks ok I am planning on going down on Saturday to go to a steam rally at Poole, then camp in the New Forest the night, before meeting up with you guys at Beaulieu.

·
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry for not replying earlier, had a rather hectic day. May be moving from my current employer to a new company :thumbs:

Just finalising details with Jay W who's doing a sterling job, we're got prices being sorted out and Beaulieu have said that if we can get 20 cars we can have our own stand at the event as well :D

1 - 20 of 93 Posts