Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm donning the cardie and grey slacks and b*ggering off to France next week. Can anyone tell me how I go about deflecting the dipped beam for continental roads? On the headlight glass where dip is, there is just a clear circle, no way of knowing where to fit the plastic beam deflectors you get from the factors. Any suggestions appreciated.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well i was told you didnt need them unless you were staying for more than 3 months...its just the people who sell then that say you must us them.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
erm I thought you had to do it because its the law?
Like carrying a warning triangle,first aid kit and spare bulb kit and all the correct documents?
FGN

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I`ve been over to France a few times and never bothered with Beam Benders or warning tiangles etc

Don`t even bother with the GB sticker :rolleyes:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I went over I covered the beams with insulation tape to stop the dazzling of other drivers.
All I did was park the car close to a wall, switch the headlights on and you should see a horizontal line (of light) which deflects up at the left hand side. Use the tape to cover up the portion of the beam that angles up, therefore giving you a completly flat line of light.

Hop this makes sense

Ian.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those little triangularish stickers go with the bottom right corner on the little cross in the middle of the headlamp.

If you turn the lights on when it's completely pitch black and you can't see anything at all, then they're in the right place.

Ralf S.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just hope you dont get stopped, I did, there I was happily roaring around the roads of france when I rounded a corner and got stopped by Three Gendarmes doing spot checks on foreign drivers.
They wanted to see all my paperwork, passport, and they checked that I had spare bulbs, triangle and first aid kit!
FGN (Just born Lucky I guess).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts