Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so today I replaced all 4 speakers in my car on my own after buying in October and having to make do with a single speaker turns out previous owner was terrible at wiring and soldiering ?? anyway I'm very happy with the result went with alpine all round and it's excellent!

Anyway I have not had radio signal since I got the car and I think I might no why, while removing the door sill on passenger front side I came across what looks like a aerial Cable that is plugged in to nothing, so my two questions are is this the issue is it the cable and if so where the hell is the other side to plug it in to? Picture supplied. All the best E

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
There are two ends to the cable - and it does follow the passenger side sill rather than the roof. One end plugs into the aerial behind the rear interior light and the other plugs into the 'junction box' behind the side dash panel on the passenger side. It is just about level with the top hinge of the door if I remember correctly!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ewent,

The Giulietta has a active amp pcb in the aerial base, sometimes condensation gets in and shorts out the components.

I think you might find a new aerial base will fix your problems. (New part no aerial base is different, pcb is sealed)

About £30 from dealers. This fixed mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts