Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Great news - at least we don't have to listen to the ramblings of James Allen :thumbs: :thumbs:
What he said! :D

But who are the other two alongside Coulthard and Brundle? :confused:

·
Administrator
23,049 Posts
Great that Martin Brundle is in but they REALLY should have taken on Louise Goodman - like Brundle she has an individualistic and no-nonsense approach with no sycophancy. Someone at the BBC has missed a trick there.

Mark Blundell - will I miss his unique approach to the English language? - err NO.

A

·
0 Posts
Shame about Steve Ryder and Mark Blundell not being in it - they contriubted to an extremely professional programme in my opinion. Louise and Ted were also pretty good but I agree about crappy old James Allen who really did have a tendancy to babble and talk utter nonsense at times:rolleyes:.
Shame they can't use Tony Jardine and Jim Rothen again!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Great that Martin Brundle is in but they REALLY should have taken on Louise Goodman - like Brundle she has an individualistic and no-nonsense approach with no sycophancy. Someone at the BBC has missed a trick there.
I just knew Louise Goodman would have at least one fan somewhere out there...

Every time she asks some retiree a question like "Just why did you decide to drive into the wall like that Nelson..." I'm waiting for the sound, as woman or not, the luckless driver thumps her. If the BBC decide they have to have a token woman somewhere in their line-up, I hope they choose someone a bit less 'mutton dressed as lamb'.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
YES! no more james allen drooling over hamilton every race.. thank god! i'm gonna miss him telling us what the white line son the tyres mean though haha

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Sorrry to hear that Mark Blundell and Louise Goodman aren't comming over but good news that Martin Brundle is :thumbs:

But best news is no more James Allen - hurrahhh :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Thats great the got the only proper F1 head there:D:D And David Coultard should be funny:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like all of the ITV team, they've become the norm over the years and I wish them continued success (those not moving to the BBC).
Gotta say it though, I wont miss the ad breaks, and it would be lush if the BBC did the honours with a HD broadcast :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Can we have the nice pit lane lady from MotoGP please :inlove:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Brundle was the only 'must have' so that's good news.

A

·
0 Posts
Brundle is ireplaceable.As a former driver he commands respect in the pit lane like no other TV commentator could. Did anyone else notice how called to Bernie Ecclestone just before the start of Sunday's race, Bernie almost brushed away the people he was talking to to answer Brundle. He then went on to stop Ross Brawn as he walked past to ask questions. Brundle is a true F1 legend, the BBC aren't daft:)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I like the whole ITV team. They have been regulars in my house for years and i have got used to their ways. I'm glad Blundle will be crossing over to the dark side, but both Goodman and Brundle should have too IMO. Both have a really good knowledge of the sport with Goodman knowing all the drivers...err....intimately. They will be sadly missed.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Brundle is ireplaceable.As a former driver he commands respect in the pit lane like no other TV commentator could. Did anyone else notice how called to Bernie Ecclestone just before the start of Sunday's race, Bernie almost brushed away the people he was talking to to answer Brundle. He then went on to stop Ross Brawn as he walked past to ask questions. Brundle is a true F1 legend, the BBC aren't daft:)
Was it Bernie who also commented "are you still on ITV?" during a grid interview the other week...perhaps he already knew?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts