Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone catch this unadulterated POS last night on BBC2. It was in our papers "pick of the day" so we thought it might be half decent.

I've never seen such schmolzy, stupid rubbish in a long time. Where did they get those actors and actresses from. And as for the story line...............:vomit:

They are supposed to be astronauts going on a 6 year space journey. Clearly NASA has stopped doing phsycological evaluations on the candidates as every one seemed to have major problems such as uncontrollable violent behaviour, hearing things, nymphomainia (wouldn't be bad if she had been smart) or being as thick as a dockers sandwich.

And as for sealing a leak in a space suit with spit.........:cheese:

Someone in the BBC wants sent in space for bringing this rubbish to my TV screen :mad:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Oh Dear.......

I taped this as I also saw it as " Pick of the Day "........

Not seen it yet though, not sure I should bother now !!!!!........:eek:

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,308 Posts
Decided not to watch or record this, seems I made a good decision for once. :D

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
They are supposed to be astronauts going on a 6 year space journey. Clearly NASA has stopped doing phsycological evaluations on the candidates as every one seemed to have major problems such as uncontrollable violent behaviour, hearing things, nymphomainia (wouldn't be bad if she had been smart) or being as thick as a dockers sandwich.
...maybe that's part of their experiment "let's see how long a bunch of lunatics would survive in space" :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
I was really pissed about this.

Clearly a lot of money spent on what could have been a really good series. Unfortunately, I'm not sure any went on the script. And as a BBC co-production, it means my license fee was squandered once again.

It reminded me of a cross between Grey's Anatomy and Babylon 5 - with none of the script writing ability of either.

And let's not forget that the leading guy (Donner. Who the hell calls a lead character Donner. Every time his name was mentioned I suddenly wanted many beers, many fags, a quick puke and some dirty meat) is as wooden as a birch tree.

Seriously missed opportunity, as the effects and sets were awesome. I use the past tense intentionally, as I won't be watching it again and I'm pretty sure it'll get cancelled.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
oh dear im afraid to say i enjoyed it...but hey im just a frothy minded girl...

im mad cos i just wikpedia'd it and it seems its going the way of threshold...one series and no more....grrrrr:mad:

·
Registered
518 Posts
It does get better... but it is VERY slow - seems everybody is trying to make the next 'Lost' at the moment so it's flashback after flashback after flashback, spinning out the story for as long as possible. And there is actually a reason why the psych eval part of selection seems to have resulted in them picking a bunch of nutjobs...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seriously missed opportunity, as the effects and sets were awesome. I use the past tense intentionally, as I won't be watching it again and I'm pretty sure it'll get cancelled
Same here!

·
Registered
69 Posts
as long as the blonde stays in it (don't know her name) i will continue to watch it.

as soon as she is killed off then i'm off:D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Aside from lots of space bunnies, there wasn't much to recommend it.

A few random holes in this nonsense (maybe I have an unfair advantage as I work in the space industry) :

The spacecraft was a total rip off of the one from the BBC drama 'Voyage to the Planets' they did a couple of years ago.

Gravity seems to turn on and off at random through the ship. There are 2 centifruges, but all the 'action' seems to take place in the centre section which has no gravity.

Why would someone who is going into space for 6 years need to know how to swim, as there is only one place that has liquid water and a breathable atmosphere, and they just left it?

In 2052 everyone dresses the same, listens to the same music, and uses the same computer monitors as they did in 2009. Progress?

The astronauts rode into space in 2052 on a rocket which was retired from service in 2009, and was NEVER rated to carry people in the fist place.

Why would you put someone inside a spacesuit before it had been leak tested.... would love to see the risk assessment for that one.

There isn't enough fuel in the entire solar system to run the type of engines that spacecraft had.

However I wil probably watch it just to see if the plot is also a rip off. Smells like 'Event Horizon' but without the blood and guts.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
... just IMDB'd it.

Saved myself another 8 1/4 hours.

More like 'Supernova' but with less nudity.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i enjoyed it....some nice totty in it..male sort....and gutted that its gonna end up like threshold:mad:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Gravity seems to turn on and off at random through the ship. There are 2 centifruges, but all the 'action' seems to take place in the centre section which has no gravity.
They 'explain' that one away in a future episode.

Why would someone who is going into space for 6 years need to know how to swim, as there is only one place that has liquid water and a breathable atmosphere, and they just left it?
Presumably for the water landing when they come back...?

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
As the Crew were supposedly chosen by' Beta', and Not NASA ;)
If you are watching the first episode then I am sorry for mentioning Beta :lol:
I have watched 12 of the 13 episodes.....As far as I can tell this is a cancelled series of 13 episodes!

It is just a TV show.....either enjoy it for what it is, a TV show or not enjoy it, it really does not matter. All TV shows and Movies have their inaccuracies and improbabilities.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts