:rant:

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh dear! :rolleyes: I guess they're looking on it in the same way as BBC World TV. That has adverts too. A shame :( . It can only take the BBC down in the estimation of its users. But frankly, what do you expect, when Tessa Jowell had worked out a licence fee level for the BBC over several months after carefully considering what was expected of it, only to have Gordon Brown (in his then role of Chancellor) slash the proposed settlement and install Sir Michael Lyons (his best mate) in the role of Chairman of the BBC Trust (the new name for the Governors). Probably after a meeting with Rupert Murdoch too, in lieu of his impending new role of Labour leader and Prime Minister. Pretty sh*tty if you ask me! :rant:

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
thanks to whingers and this government we will soon lose the best tv corporation on the planet, give it a few years and it'll be just like ITV(shudder)

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to whingers and this government we will soon lose the best tv corporation on the planet, give it a few years and it'll be just like ITV(shudder)
That about sums it up really. :(

It's sad. The BBC represents and projects
the best of Britain in the world.
Unfortunately they are too critical of uk.gov
and Murdoch.

Might as well use CNN. At least their video
clips are good quality.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use The Proxomitron as a popup blocker. It blocks all sorts of things and I often see '[advertisement]' where it's stopped something displaying.

It's only just over 1Mb, takes hardly any resources, doesn't insert itelsf ito Windows and doesn't change any other files.

http://www.proxomitron.info/

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weird, my laptop is advert free.

Must have set a cookie when I was in the
UK, or something. :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts