Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTA has now done 10,000 miles and I have had a deliriously happy year draining the Middle East of it’s oil supplies. I decided to give Bauer Millett’s service dep’t a go having been very impressed in a couple of visits to the showroom including the excellent Pizza & Peroni night.

Went in last Monday, instructions to use my own oil (Millers XFS), and swap the tyres front to rear. The service dept is very handy for me, I work at Salford Quays and the workshop just off Chester road near Williams Mini is ideally placed. I didn’t try to hire a courtesy car or anything but even so they offered to drop me off at work if needed.

Everything carried out perfectly sum total £185. Well chuffed as that is £15 less than it cost for the first service on my smart car.

Good to see the professionalism/enthusiasm shown in the showroom is matched at the service end of the spectrum too.

Nice one BM 10/10 so far.:thumbs:

·
Registered
580 Posts
This is very reassuring news. Thanks Bogwoppit for taking the plunge before me. At least they will have already done a GTA before I book mine in.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I'll be damned, ALFA UK (or should that be Musclecar UK in view of Marchionnes opinions) have just done a customer survey on my Bauer Millett experience. In 14 Alfas and 2 Fiats that's a first for me!

Anyway I gave em a gold star, I also booked a test drive in a Mito GTA, which is interesting as it hasn't been officialy confirmed yet.

If BM (or ARUK) do contact me offering me a test drive of the pocket rocket I will need resuscitation:cheese:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Dear Mr Bogwoppit,
I note that you wish to drive the forthcoming Mito GTA. It'll be a pleasure to take you out in one but until it arrives, there's always the video on bauermillett.com showing the GTA going around the Valencia GP circuit. Carlsberg don't do Alfa dealers, but if they did.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dear Mr Bogwoppit,
I note that you wish to drive the forthcoming Mito GTA. It'll be a pleasure to take you out in one but until it arrives, there's always the video on bauermillett.com showing the GTA going around the Valencia GP circuit. Carlsberg don't do Alfa dealers, but if they did.....
:thumbs:Thanks Le Man, will certainly take you up on that once the MiTo GTA gets unleashed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
good to know, I too work in Salford Quays so its going to be a handy spot for me
As do I!

Couldn't believe it when BM got the franchise, it was great news. I've been racking up the miles to and from Dews in Brighouse for the last few months getting them to sort out various problems following my GT service there earlier this year :mad:. But no more! :thumbs: BM will be getting my business in another 6000 miles time, and maybe next year too when I go for a 159 - unless my opinions on the Milano prove unfounded!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
That is good to know as I am thinking about buying a Mito from them. So far been a bit of a mixed bag. On my first visit the young salesman seemed to fob me off a bit, mind you it was only a tentative enquiry. Yesterday I was dealt with by Mr Millet himself, a much more rewarding experience (check out my blog). I am going back today for a test drive. I will let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
That is good to know as I am thinking about buying a Mito from them. So far been a bit of a mixed bag. On my first visit the young salesman seemed to fob me off a bit, mind you it was only a tentative enquiry. Yesterday I was dealt with by Mr Millet himself, a much more rewarding experience (check out my blog). I am going back today for a test drive. I will let you know how I get on.
I have posted a report on my blog if anyone is interested. Look up WishfulThinker.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I got mine from there and although we got a bottle of Champers (don't drink much - so can't tell you if it's any good!) I didn't get the grand unveiling or anything Alfa related (keyring, tax disc holder etc)

I'd got all giddy reading in the Mito lounge about it being a special experience and I felt rather flat after leaving :(

My first North West meet was the first time I got excited about my baby girl!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts