Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question, the bettery on the Silverstone has gone flat, which is a bummer because the locks don't work & I only use it on the alarm\central locking. Is there any handy connectors I can connect another car battery to to pop the locks or an easy way to release the bonnet?

cheers,
a

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can't you use the key in the drivers door ?
This would open this door only.

Marlon

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you is proper f.ucked!
Releasing the bonnet from outside is going to be a real pain.
Are you a member of the AA?
Failing that, pick the smallest window and use a master key. (i.e. Brick)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know this may sound stupid but all you need to do is fine a positive and negative connector to power the car up briefly. The negative is the car body work, the positive could be the starter motor positive connector. Attatch a booster battery to these points and the whole car will power up!

All you need to do is jack up the front of the car!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers andy.. I remember there's a nice connector on the end of the alternator - hopefully I should just be able to connect over that to get enough juice to pop the doors open. then I can stick the battery on charge! :)

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
ive released the bonnet from the outside, just cannot remember how i did it, i remember it being easy though.

it doesnt help much but there is hope now at least!

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
Oh what about going through the boot and opening the ski hatch. then use a bent coat hanger to open the back door?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good try Ian.. Silverstone's don't have ski hatches in the name of rigidity wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is sometimes possible to reach up under the car and feel around above the radiator for the cable and give it a pull..the other option is to reach up from underneath and connect a wire to the battery + or the starter/alternator and then another to the body somewhere to give it 'life'..
(as andy said) :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Steve Webb:

Failing that, pick the smallest window and use a master key. (i.e. Brick)
brick thru' the w/screen & claim on insurance wink

:( :( may fu<k your no-claims or your insurance cost if unlucky :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One insurance quote I had included the windscreen as a fault claim!!!

wrinx

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I once locked myself out of my car, engine running, middle of France, February, freezing cold, coat in the car, 2 o'clock in the morning. Yes, very stupid. Chose to break the rear quarter light glass (because it was the smallest) to get back in and was told later that the smaller the glass the harder it is to replace.

Apparently I should have gone for one of the opening windows because they are cheap and easy to change.

Ian

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rear quarter light on a 155 is a doddle to change so don't worry about it.....about £30 from a dealer but it might take a while to arrive!!

wrinx

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello , I own a 155 with built in alarm if the car .
I have made an habbit of it to charge my battrery ever now and then with a drop charger so the battery is always in optima forma .In fact most battries suffer from long periods of no charge at all especially with built in alarms thy run the battery dry in an eyeblink.
After that you have no other oppertunity to change the damn thing.
Charging is very easy plug it in direct to the battery control the fluid level of the battery after long drop charge period .
I paid my 1800Ah charger about 50€ , thats cheaper than the replacement of a new battery.
The former owner had his battery changed every 2 years , rather expansieve I thought and cheaper than smashing windows in order to get in your car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts