Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery needs replacing on my 04 156 and I'm wondering if it needs an Alfa branded battery (seems to have 1 or two other connectors under the cover at the + connector) or can another generic battery go in ?

Its under warranty and I want to make sure I get the right one in there.....

R

·
0 Posts
I think it's up to you, all batteries are made to standard patterns so go where it's a brand you know at a price you can afford. I needed a new battery and Halfords were quoting over £120 for their brand. I got a Varta from the local tyre dealers for £87.00!! You're lucky to still have a warranty on a 6 year old car but it shouldn't matter at all.

E

·
0 Posts
Halfords are robbers when it comes to batteries!I was quoted €160 by them and got the exact same from my tyre guy for €100!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Any idea what the extra connection on the + side under the cover does ?

Don't have a picture but normally the box on the +ve side is just bolted to the positive terminal of the battery with around 3 connectors coming off it. My battery died recently under warranty and I "borrowed" a battery off my wife's mondeo until it got replaced. 12v is 12v and I'd make sure the amp hour rating and the size is a match more than anything else. Even then I was down 10 amphour and by around 3cm in length and had no trouble, even on cold mornings.

R

·
0 Posts
If it's like the 147 there is a small fusebox on the positive battery connector, it has about 5 large capacity fuses for things like the alternator.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
I've replaced the Battery on mine and it wasn't under warranty . As said just make sure the amp and size is the same .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts