Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon guys,

i have done all sorts of digging with regards to the above but can't seem to find a definative answer. I'm OK at removing the -/+ terminals and then the battery but then what to get the tray out?, does anyone have any detailed instructions, I've read about the need to remove the front relay box and air filter pipe :confused:, on a 1.9 jtd :)

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
On a 156 it is just the very obvious bolts to remove and one slightly less obvious bolt to loosen (that one is under the tray).

Can't see a GT being much different.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
It is slightly different DC. The front relay box is the box dirrectly infront of the battery. Unclip the lid and you'll see the relays. The whole relay board flips up and under is a 10mm nut (could be an 8 I can't remember off hand). Once you undo this it will lft up and slide out of the way. Undo 13 down left side of battery. Slide battery out while twisting it up. 2 13mm bolts at the front against the chassis rail and 2 at the back. One of the back ones is under the tray :)

·
Registered
30,084 Posts
Not that different then!
(I'd counted the nuts holing the relay module on in the "obvious" group!)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
also there will be a nut/bolt holding the air box to the battery tray

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See what i'm up against :lol: dribs & drabs, thank fellas i'll copy and pase each part then it might make sense :p

·
Banned
857 Posts
Just make sure you detach the cable-tie for the reverse light switch from the clip on the back of the battery tray. It's very easy to not notice it until you've yanked the wires right out of the plug on top of the gearbox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts