Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will there be any issues after removing my old battery and fitting the new one on my 159 2.4 ? ie. electronics , warnings , alarm etc ? I have a vague memory of a post on here saying that a laptop has to be connected , to sort issues. ----------------- or can I simply fit and forget as on other cars I've owned ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Never had any issues in the past last time I changed the battery.. If the radio is not the original one that came with the car you may need to put the radio code in again. Ie Replace the faulty Alfa radio with another Alfa radio from the scrappy :)

Its not like some of the BMs where the battery needs coding to the car etc. :) As a precaution I usually do it with a door open just incase, I blow fuses or it decides to lock etc... but Its not needed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had the RAC replace mine last week, as I had to get them round to 'break in' as the door wouldn't open because the battery was flat.... sorry, I digress.... but when he replaced the old with a new battery, I was surprised that nothing needed to be reset except the date & time on the display between the speedo & tacho.

The alarm that I'd been having problems with, reset itself ok and has worked fine ever since. There, that's jinxed it! :biglaugh:

I have a Pioneer fitted in place of the original Blue&Me unit, and nothing on there needed to be reset except a few preset radio stations.

Maybe worth mentioning - although the replacement RAC battery is the same 600 amp-hour rating as the original, it is physically smaller, including its height. So it could be clamped down properly with the strap, we raised it up by sitting the battery a couple of purpose-made spacers that the RAC man had in his van.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah well , that's good to hear. I can fit it myself then without issues. I'm off to e AUTOSPORT SHOW at the NEC on te 15th Janary --- don't want to get stuck ithe car park .

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like you've all said , easy no issues . I just set the time and date but the boot doesn't open simply by pressing the badge now , only using the boot symbol on the keyfob. I'll figure that out at some point.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Like you've all said , easy no issues . I just set the time and date but the boot doesn't open simply by pressing the badge now , only using the boot symbol on the keyfob. I'll figure that out at some point.
That would be the Independent Boot option within the same menu you changed he Data and Time.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Maybe worth mentioning - although the replacement RAC battery is the same 600 amp-hour rating as the original, it is physically smaller, including its height. So it could be clamped down properly with the strap, we raised it up by sitting the battery a couple of purpose-made spacers that the RAC man had in his van.
So the wrong battery then...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts