Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after a visit i wanted to open the car but only my side opened, my passengers where locked out.
Played with my remote a bit and they al opened, then i wanted to start my car but it didnt and my displays strated to flikker and cut out and the car wont start.
Tried to jumpstart it but that didnt work, loaned a good set of cables and then it started but with al kinds of error messages but thats probably the canbus system doing that because of low voltages.
When i measure tha battery it shows 10 volt, with the engine running 13.8 (measured with a flimsy cheep meter)
Managed to get the car home driving, so now i am asking myself if its the battery or something els.
Wanted to buy one tommorow and install it but am not sure if that is the smart way.
O yeah everything works now but not my bootunlock buttons so i couldnt use my starter cables, not on the keys and not on the roof button but that could be the battery to i hope.
Thought by myself hmmm i have a pretty good set that i cant reach, what a ****ty system
Hope that it sorts it out when a good one is installed.
So what do you all think is hould do?

·
Registered
37,532 Posts
It does sound like it could be a failed battery.

They cause all sorts of weird symptoms when they go, and tend to fail quite suddenly.

How old is it?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not that old 3 years maybe 4, first time in 6 years that the car is letting me down.
Its a magneti mareli.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Drive to your local battery shop. They'll test your current one for you and sell you a new one if necessary. It's what I did.
Replacement batteries never seem to last anything like as long as the original. I've never understood why that is.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I idd but was 1 minute to late, he turned the key in front of my nose and didnt help me.
Car stalled and had to call my brother to kickstart it and never going to that place again in my life

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to take a look tommorow, see if i can find one.
First a new battery see if that sorts it out.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitted a new Bosch battery and that solved the problems (till now) the one that failed was 3 years and 2 months old (magneti marelli) thats why i bought a Bosch now with good cold start.
I drive allot of short distances, probably that is why it died so fast on me, well that is the theory.
Car drives better now, prpbably because of the reset (battery out of the car for a long time)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts