Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While diagnosing a battery drain problem on my gtv, I discovered that the pudde lights on the bottom of the door are on the same timed circuit as the interior light. Why is this a big deal? Well my interior light bulb had gone, but I'd left the switch in the ON position, so I had a continuous drain of ~800mA, enough to flatten the batt in 3-4 days. So if your bulb is out and you've got drain trouble, check the switch setting!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
I always stick a DVM on the terminals to check battery state periodically this time of year when the car is not used that frequently. :):

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Sounds a really good idea that does.

Now her indoors machine says in the handbook that it has a battery saver on board, but I have yet to discover where it is and what it is supposed to do? :confused:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Thanks for sharing your tip fivelamps. A fair few of us have suffered this before but lots haven't so well worth the reminder.
I've replaced my puddle lights with LED strip on the bottom of the door. Some think it looks naff but I like it and it is actually bright enough to do the intended job. As well as being many times brighter the LEDs use only 3w per metre of strip so in my my case about 2w instead of ten.
What you see in the picture is the reflection on the black door sill. Obviously the lights go off with the courtesy lights.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts