Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening, when the mood takes me (Rarely as I like my Fuel too much) and I decide to drive a bit more Enthusiastically, When I Change Gear With a bit more Zest, on my Display Its flashes up with a picture of a Battery and says "Battery charge low" (I Think)
But the Car never misses a Beat, so is it just having a "Moment"" ?? :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This sounds like it could be either a alternator/ wiring problem or a battery that is getting old or has a connection problem possibly bad earth. Could be an earthing/ wiring problem in general. The first thing I would check though if you can is that the battery has enough liquid in it. You can open and check even the sealed ones. Does the battery have the little viewing bit that tells you what condition the battery is?
Green for good etc.. Is this bright green ?
Start with the basics and work your way up if battery is good then check the connections are clean and tight and so on see how you go.
If it is between gear changes on hard acceleration/deceleration it is possible your battery is low on fluid!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sounds like it could be either a alternator/ wiring problem or a battery that is getting old or has a connection problem possibly bad earth. Could be an earthing/ wiring problem in general. The first thing I would check though if you can is that the battery has enough liquid in it. You can open and check even the sealed ones. Does the battery have the little viewing bit that tells you what condition the battery is?
Green for good etc.. Is this bright green ?
Start with the basics and work your way up if battery is good then check the connections are clean and tight and so on see how you go.
If it is between gear changes on hard acceleration/deceleration it is possible your battery is low on fluid!
Thanks, ill take a look :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Remember my charging lead flashing red? It broke down about 60 miles from you on Sunday :(

£520 for fitting a new alternator......

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Oh, bugger me :( How you manage to get back ??
AA hit the alternator to get the volts up from 7 to just under 12 & recharged the battery.

68 miles to go, keeping the revs above 2.5k:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts