Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jumped into the 166 yesterday - click click click click click

Jump started from the Leon and all fine. Took the 166 a good drive and then when home tried restarting - and click click click

To cut the story short, the battery was goosed. Could the heat of Sunday have contributed to it's sudden demise? On swapping over to the new one i noticed the positive cable was a little loose. Would this kill the battery or is it simply it's number was up.

New battery and everything is tickety-boo again.

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Or it could have been the loose positive cable causing the problem.........I'd charge the old battery and test it, in case its worth keeping as a spare.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or it could have been the loose positive cable causing the problem.........I'd charge the old battery and test it, in case its worth keeping as a spare.
Thanks RGWM but I did try that before parting with my notes. The guy I borrowed the charger from even had a new heavy duty battery surplus to his requirements but it was too long :(

So the "keeping the Alfa on the road pot" is a few quid lighter now so the slightly blowing exhaust , very long clutch and possible front end shocks etc will have to wait a little bit longer :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts