Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gta lives mainly in the garage and comes out maybe a day or possibly two a week. Over the winter, probably less. I know GTAs suffer from battery doscharge issues shafting the cars electronics. I'm thinking of getting a ctek charger/conditioner to hardwire into my car so when I park it up I can plug it in and it'll automatically look after the battery for me. The units come in about £40 all in. I'm thinking no loss situation!?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Defiantly worth getting one I think. I work away from home for months at time and always leave my conditioner on and never had any issues
As silvervalver said worth getting a decent one

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yep, can vouch for CTEK: on my second (they don't like being dragged up the road...); have one of mine hitched to it all the time. Really handy bit of kit - you can add different leads, the GTA has a flying lead off the battery, whereas the BMs have one fitted into the boot liner; these have LEDs which show whether they're OK or in need of a charge.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
CTEK CK3600 charger / conditioner plumbed into my S4 Spider. I leave a natty indicator light connector attached at all times, it has a seal on it which you un-pop to connect the charger.

Works great:D

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yes have the ctek on my GTA with a fly lead connected to the battery - very quick to plug in and remove - certainly can vouch for them

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one. A resounding go get one reply. Will keep eyes open for a good price on one ASAP.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread for some advice on the C tek charger. I'm plagued by a flat battery issue on my GTV so bought a Ring Smart Charge RSC8 that I could leave connected all the time. This week however I have found two problems with it that render it unsuitable. The worst is that an interruption in power to it means it needs to be re set before it charges again. So yesterday I got into the car to a flat battery because at some point over the last two weeks it got switched off. The second problem is even more stupid. The useless thing wont charge a flat battery because it won't switch on with less than 9 volts going into it. I have to jump start the car, which I hate doing.

My question is , does the C tek charger suffer either of these problems. The next charger I get really needs to be the right one, I've already chucked too much money at this without a fix.

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
All I can comment on the matter is that, when I had my old Fiat Cinq Sporting, she had a flat battery so took it out the car and used my CTEC on it, but I can't remember if it was totally flat or not!! But I think they can charge it up from empty :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Halfords £25 I have have three of them on different cars for over three years, not suffered a flat or dead battery in the time. especially as the Spider spends the winter in the garage under covers. My GTA gets connected every time it is going to spend a week unused.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I use the ctek xs4003 and it is brilliant. I also attached a ctek battery monitor which is perm on he battery and tells me the level of charge when the car isn't plugged in.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I believe that the ctek will condition a flat battery that can be charged - when I connect mine to the battery I first set the charger and then turn on the power therefore even if the power is interrupted it does not reset whilst connected to the battery- hope this helps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts