21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Yep, I've done the invisible man impersonation at a counter !! :(

·
Super Moderator
60,008 Posts
I've been invisible too :( wait in line only to be ignored. I'm too nice but now I just walk by these places and they don't get my money. Clothing shops, shoe shops all the same, the clerks are talking on the phone, chatting with each other etc, I just leave. Many people around here go down to the States to shop just because the clerks down there are so thoughtful and caring. go figure.

S

·
0 Posts
Also had the invisible thing at a Starbucks once. I was with my gf and first in line but because I had my back turned to the tilljockey he served the people behind me.
My gf had a cut on her finger (onion chopping contest...don't ask) and spied a loose bit of metal on the corner of the food display window, slipped the band-aid off and proceeded to lean on it and yell blue murder;)

We paid for our profusely apologetically served coffees but the complimentary cheescake and muffin tasted superb:thumbs:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Was buying coffees in a local cafe for senior management and myself.She wanted a latte as usual,but I thought I may deviate from the normal cappochino so scanned the list to see what was avaliable,noticed this
Esspreso=£1.80
Americano=£2.50
What,you may ask,is added to an Americano to warrant an extra 70p of my hard earned? A dab of cream? even a shot of something stronger?
An americano was described as an esspreso with extra..............................................................................guessed yet?.......................................................................HOT WATER!!!!!!!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts