Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
114,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, yesterday whilst shopping, I decided to go and get myself a nice caffe'latte from the local Dean & DeLuca (a fashionable NY-based delicatessen and cafe', not sure if they have outlets in the UK).

Well, I get there and notice there is a person being served, and a old couple waiting in line, but on the wrong side (right, they should have been on the left handside). So, rather than queue in the correct side, I line up behind them as I don't want to cause a fuss. The couple then gets served but things start to take a little long and the barwoman tells me to "please wait", which I graciously do.

I wait another couple of minutes and finally the couple has managed to get their orders in (how difficult is it to say: a cappuccino please? :rolleyes:) and it's my turn. By now the queue (on the correct side) is 5 or 6 people long. At which point the barwoman goes: "please queue on the other side" :eek:

Excuse me?!? :eek:

I've been waiting for 5 minutes to order a b****y cup of coffee, was acknowledged and she's now telling me to go to the back of a long queue?? :rant:

So, rather than make a fuss (you can see a trend here ;)) I decide to leave and keep my hard earned yen in my pocket.

But I really did want a latte :rant: :mad: :rant:

Rant's over :D

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
She's sounds like a bit of a 'jobsworth' Biggie !! :(

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
You wanted to cover her face in wood :confused:

:p

:lol:

;)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
:rolleyes:

After that Norwegian joke you can't say anything again

EVER !! :p

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
No queueing here at Cafe Nero, O'Neills, Tchibo, or any of the others, for that matter.:): Quality of the Latte does vary tho':(:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
News up on 4 next. British don't make much now. City jobs in the main. People realise German wines ain't half bad. George is not sure where he is at. If we don't make much now for export, where are the 'get em' in work', folk about to be deployed? It's luvverly' this mess?:):

E

·
0 Posts
These new-fangled coffee places are the work of the Devil. it takes ages just to get a coffee while Johnny and Julie No-Stars faff about with steam nozzles, banging old coffee much out of chrome thingywatsits, and pass orders through five different people none of whom seem to be aware of their job. There's one of those Costa Fortuna jobs at T3 at Manchester Aiport, and it's always got a queue a mile long, even though all people want is a shot of caffeine to get them down the jetway without crying. Why can't they have a filter thing going like they used to?

I hate those places. Give me a caff with an old dear and a kettle any day. Fortunately they still exist out here in the long grass.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Reminds me of the last time I tried to get a sandwich at the small shop inside my company's front yard. I was waiting patiently for twenty minutes at the sandwich queue for two other colleagues to get served and when it was finally my time I was rudely informed by the person behind the counter that they had run out of bread. And they had to keep me waiting for 20' just to tell me that. :eek:

Unlike BF I did make a fuss though, I stormed out of the shop telling them to go to hell and that I would never give them my money again, which I never did since. :mad:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I wait another couple of minutes and finally the couple has managed to get their orders in (how difficult is it to say: a cappuccino please? :rolleyes:) and it's my turn. By now the queue (on the correct side) is 5 or 6 people long. At which point the barwoman goes: "please queue on the other side" :eek:
I thought that sort of thing only happened to me.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Tchibo, about 40,000 outlets or so worldwide? Hamburg based I think, sell just about everything, good quality, from watches to ski-wear, at competitive prices. Do a good Latte, and confectionery, to boot.:):

1 - 20 of 28 Posts