Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
just looking for advice.
I have just finished my Pzero to be thrown away resulting free set of allows to be shoed on.
My wheels are TD ProRace1.2 with 8*18 size.
I would like to have universal wheel set moretheless fit to both 159-er ( 235/45/18 ) and Giu ( 225/40/18 ). So I am looking for 225/45/18.
At this moment we have some seasonal discounts for summer tire but only applicable for above mentioned Brand\Model. All tires made in France on week 30-40/2014.
I do not want overheat you with local pricing since it is differ from EU.
BUT...
For BB2 list price I can easily buy Pzero Nero GT, Yokohama V105, Dunlop DZ101/102.
Discounts granted makes possible to buy BB2 for the cost of Chinese Westlake or Korean Nexen.
Should I eat it ???...
Anyone use BB2 please share experience.
tnks,

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Bravirus 2 are ok but not great.

They are certainly not ditchfinders, but i wouldn't want to be driving on them too hard, especially in the wet.

They also wore out quite quickly. (On a 1.2 Fiat Bravo which couldn't pull the skin from a rice pudding)

Falkens would be my choice in that price segment, if you can get them over there?

We have ZE-914 Ecorun on our Focus and they are terrific for the money.

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
The Barum Bravuris are alright like Symon said, have heard they are quite noisy like the Bridgestones. Falken Ziex ZE914 seems like a good tyre at a reasonable price for its size. Hankook Optimo should be around the same price and just as good as the Falken. If you can afford I would recommend the Good Year F1 Assymetric :thumbs:

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. thanks. It was a question about particular brand/type since tremendous discounts available.
We have different pricing pattern for tires that is why some advice may not work.
Just for your interest if any ( ratio is 1GBP=100руб. makes easy to count ) ...
:biglaugh:

????? ??? ?. ??????

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had some Barum Bravuris 2 tyres on a non-Alfa (245-50 x 17 I think) and they were good tyres - and not skittery in the wet as suggested above. Barum are part of the Continental empire now aren't they?
Didn't keep the car long enough to wear them out but certainly no complaints about them.

V

·
0 Posts
I believe you're right.

Barum = Continental
Skoda = Volkswagen.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts