Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone, :)
Changed the oil on the Q4 tonight, just as a precautionary after the rebuild, I noticed on the side of the block there is a mayonnaisey kind of covering at the top of the block, looks like water has been seeping out a bit, :rolleyes:

There is no mayonnaise under the oil filler cap but it is using a bit of water. The oil that came out looked fine, nothing to worry about, but I would like to stop the leak even though it is small amount, :eek:

My Dad said to use Barrs Leaks but im not too sure about it, basically is it safe/does it work/how do you use it? I don’t want to have to drain the water out as im off to the Nurburgring tomorrow night, :D

Help as always is greatly appreciated! ;)

Jack

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Jack i use a rad sealer made by Forte and its bloody good stuff :D :D

Sealed my rad leak up a treat and even managed to seal the leak she had on the Heater Tap on her Silverstone .................and it was pretty bad :D :D

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
alfajack said:
Cheers m8!

I will try MT and on the autobahn! :D got to keep up with a VX220 though! :rolleyes:
That`ll be easier than yer think Jack.....................the VX tends to start to lift the front end above 100 mph and makes it a bit unstable :eek: or the one i drove did anyway :rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
It's probably the way you drive, you're use to a big V6 lump in the front. ;)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Barry said:
It's probably the way you drive, you're use to a big V6 lump in the front. ;)
Nah it was the VX the whole underside is "boxed in" smooth and the front has no weight whatsoever in it....................

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Iv got a slightly higher top end but I doubt I wil get there, and iv got to contend with about a year of lag and get those fins spinning! :D

T

·
0 Posts
VX 220's are very well balanced and actually produce 10kg of downforce (at the front and rear axle) at high-speed (130mph) due to the horizontally mounted radiator, the rear diffuser and integrated lip spoiler. The flat floor merely tidies up the flow under the car so as not to increase drag. Note that a normal car like our 155s tend to produce 50kg of LIFT at high speeds. Unfortunately this little car outclasses us by miles but then again it is designed, developed and built by Lotus!

I would be very surprised if you managed to keep up around the 'Ring; if it is a VX220 Turbo it will smoke you (0 to 60 in under 5 sec) however it's top speed is around 140mph so you should keep up on the Autobahn no problem!

T.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts