Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

Help,

I have replaced upper arm, lower arm, suspension strut, and anti roll bar link, and i still have the banging. Can some help.

Regards Tim:

M

·
0 Posts
.....anti roll bar bushes???...about the only suspension item that hasn't been replaced.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just changed it with a new one! The only way you can solve it...
You can also just change the bushes but you will have to change them again sooner so it's not worth the effort or the money...

M

·
0 Posts
how did you fix the problem
If you can 'feel' the bang in the footwell then it's the antiroll bar bushes. Either replace the bushes or the whole bar. Mine was replaced under warranty. As I understand it, replacing the bushes is a somewhat fiddly job as they weren't designed to be replaced.....but it is possible. Either way it's quite a long job I'm affraid.

R

·
0 Posts
Defo anti roll bar but it's a fairly big job for the home DIYer. Got to drop front subframe etc. Took me about 4 hours but I needed two trolley jacks to do it on my own on the floor, and axle stands!!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I had mine replace (ARB Bushes) and drop links yesterday by the guys at Autolusso - much quieter now.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Our GT is being done soon:)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Also if you are taking this much of the suspension apart you should get the alignment checked afterwards

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
:confused:

Help,

I have replaced upper arm, lower arm, suspension strut, and anti roll bar link, and i still have the banging. Can some help.

Regards Tim:

Just one? Not the pair (both sides)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts