Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ooh thats just annoyed the hell out of me. Adrian Flux sent a quote out to me in the post after emailing me a quote on TPFT for £432.45, but the written quote had the car wrong, the reg wrong, and i was told by the advisor i spoke to that my accident details weren't recorded correctly. after getting the details right, my quote has gone up to £760-something for TPFT or £1230 for comp cover.

that has really wound me up. i now have to ring round other companies-again-to get quotes, after most have said they couldnt compete with £432.

waste of a day's phoning yesterday.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahright, ok. any word on my quote? not sure what you were looking "at" when you said you would look into it, just wondering what could be done.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi, any word? i need to know, so i know whether to get quotes elsewhere/try to find more money. ideally looking for comprehensive cover, but tpft will do if i can get a good price.

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Sorry,
not sure what happened i'm sure i posted on here to you.:confused:
Anyway, The price you got with the correct details is correct i can only apologise for the error that occured.
Dan.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
go to More Than....they seem to accept accidents better, or at least they did when i got mine.

D

·
0 Posts
They've always come out waaay expensive for the Alfa and the kit car for me, have a ring round and see what you can come up with.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, pigfarmer, more than wouldnt give me an online quote for a standard car, doubt i can get one for modified....was hoping i wouldnt have to ring around. all the details were given correctly at the time of the online quote with AF, how did they manage to get it so wrong?

D

·
0 Posts
Give Churchill and Admiral a shot, they've always been pretty good with me.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i seem to remember at least churchill not touching modified cars. going to bump the other thread askign that question, let this one die.

D

·
0 Posts
Churchill guarantee to beat any quote ... by a penny, is it really worth it? I wasted 50p on a phonecall finding that out! Privilege have come out cheapest for years and no-one can get close for me. Direct Line got within £20 but their no price match policy did them out of a sale this year.

Best to ring round and going direct has always worked out cheaper than any of these price comparison websites, they all came out over £100 more than I'm paying, all these comparison sites area a waste of time IMO

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
manifold, sports cat, csc backbox, airfilter, koni shocks and springs, eibach rollbars, black grille, black wheels, smoked front and rear lights, audio upgrades...

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
and you don't think thats a good price? with an accident and being under 25 (i am only picking that up through the thread)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
More Than give me a good price (age 33 with a (cough cough) standard car) ... confused.com is a good place to start, but I'm not sure how well they handle modifications ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts