Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi bought new badges for the front and back of my GT, tried to fit them today, wasted my cash both glued on solid you cant change them without damaging the paintwork. Went to see bodywork guy i know his advise was dont bother.

·
Banned
857 Posts
hi bought new badges for the front and back of my GT, tried to fit them today, wasted my cash both glued on solid you cant change them without damaging the paintwork. Went to see bodywork guy i know his advise was dont bother.
Eh? The front badge is attached to the chrome bar at the top of the grille and can be detached from the bonnet very easily.

The rear badge is held on with a sticky pad that can be softened with some judicious use of a hair dryer and prised away with a plastic knife. If you thought you'd get them off by shoving a screwdriver underneath them then you deserve everything you get....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate sorry can be a bit thick sometimes can you explain that a bit more replacement badge i have comes in 1 piece new chrome bar and badge in one

·
Registered
245 Posts
re the bodywork guy's point of view... dont bother, bcause folk cant sewe badges that clearly when you are passing/stuck behind them...

but as per any glued on part of the car, a hairdrier and some patience is all you need to fix......

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
1,096 Posts
The earlier GT badges are bolted on with a 10mm nut. You need to remove the plastic boot trim to get to the 10mm bolt. It’s an easy job to change.

As already stated the front badge is part of the chromed part and is held on by 3 nuts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts