Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out for the evening, driving home along a country road and a badger stepped out right in front of me :( too late to avoid him and killed it outright, Sorry Mr Badger :(

No bodywork damage that I can see at the moment, but the front nearside inner wheel protection has been ripped off.

Will take a closer look in the morning to assess the damage.

Got to act quickly as we leave for Milan on Sunday.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
He damaged the GT? :eek: Dirty badger :rolleyes:

I wouldn't think they could do much more damage than bodywork or nip a belt (using bits of your bumper) and you would have noticed that. I'd say you'll be fine

**crosses fingers**

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
dodge a badger!? on a country lane? no chance. childhood memory: dad hitting a badger on a country lane in our 33 the bugger took the zender bumper clean out, father was not impressed, went as far as reversing for it, but it had limped off.

·
Premium Member
77,425 Posts
dodge a badger!? on a country lane? no chance. childhood memory: dad hitting a badger on a country lane in our 33 the bugger took the zender bumper clean out, father was not impressed, went as far as reversing for it, but it had limped off.
:lol:

once had a deer jump in front of us and run across the road, it was on a long descent and was about 20 yards in front of us - and a motorcycle had just passed approx 1-2 secs earlier

vegetation - deer explodes across road - vegetation

completely understand how the badger bought it in the circumstances ;)

still can't help feeling some drivers aim for the bunnies :wow:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
One of my French " brothers" was coming from Germany to his sister in laws funeral. In Alsace a boar decided to argue with his beemer @ 200kph + the whole front of the BM disappeared... the boar got up and shambled off :wow: The BMW looked a tad sad leading the funeral cortege with all its bottles / radiators exposed :tut:

Leigh hope the GT has only cosmetic damage and will be on full song for Milan :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
He has a Brera nowadays guys. Stylish way for Brock to go!

Hate seeing dead Badgers though:(

Get it sorted buddy as can't go to Milan with some beat up motor;)

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
He has a Brera nowadays guys. Stylish way for Brock to go!

Hate seeing dead Badgers though:(

Get it sorted buddy as can't go to Milan with some beat up motor;)
OOPs sorry it's the Alzhiemers.... the sentiment though is the same... see you with pristine motor in Milan:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Update 07.55am

Had a good look round and also taken the wheel off, no body damage at all "phew" looks like the initial impact was a graze to the lower NS bumper which pushed him under the wheel :( just ripped off the little flap under the bumper and the wheel arch liner which is destroyed mainly from rubbing on the tyre on the way home.

Not a massive job new liner, bumper flap and some clips and we should be ok - saturday morning job.

No bits of badger either.....at least it was quick.

G

·
Nasty. Had the same happen to me in a country lane in Bucks when I had the 164, fortunately no damage apart from some bodywork scuffing and one dead badger. They are big things, I'm glad it wasn't more serious for you. When they come out of the hedgerow right in front of you there's not much you can do to avoid them.

Are there badgers in Italy???

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nah... just Lions and Cheetahs...

(oh no - that's SA isn't it..? ;))

Glad to see it's a lucky-ish escape :thumbs:

Didi the wheel take the biggest impact then..?
Looks like it, I only hit it's head I think as it stepped out, I saw it and hit it in a second or so, so no chance for me to avoid it

·
Registered
45,130 Posts
I managed to run over and already dead Badger a few years ago, car in front had hit him, it was a dark lane, first thing I knew was something in the road then BANG :eek:. The badger hit something as it passed underneath, sump or gearbox or something, made a heck of a noise. :eek:

RIP Mr Badger

1 - 20 of 20 Posts