Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was really enjoying my late evening drive home from town when this kamikaze Badger decides to take it's own life and part of my front bumper with it!!! Not sure what other damage has been done but after a good look under the car it doesn't look as bad as I first feared. Now I've started the whole insurance ball rolling but as the car didn't cost me too much money and I have a spare bumper of so I was just thinking about plan B. The spare is a different colour so my questions are; is it possible for me to prime the spare and how do I do that? I'd like to do as much of the work as possible myself 1 to save money and 2 I enjoy learning new things. Your good advice please would be much appreciated. Thank you.http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,361 Posts
I wouldn't even bother telling the insurance company .. they jack up the costs for sneezing in their direction.

Rub the bumper down with wet&dry using soap and water (seriously!) so it's matt all over and prime with plastic primer. A good hi-build primer will fill in any imperfections. And a rub down between coats will get rid of runs, etc.

As for top coats, depends on colour but most paints are now water-based and need a clearcoat to provide the shine. Get the paint matched at a reputable paintshop who can put in it pots for a spraygun/compressor or aerosols.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts