Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my exhaust is fitted the rear is looking very cluttered.

Which of these do you think looks better ?

Badged or Debadged ?

I presume the usual Hair Dryer and credit card will work to remove them ?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
when i had my boot spoiler removed the bodyshop left my badges off, and im now a de-badge convert

leave em off, it looks so much cleaner.......every1 knows its a 147 ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive taken the 1.6 T.SPARK bit off for now, unsure about the 147 bit but its definately an improvement :cool:

Was very easy to remove, quick blast of the hairdrier on medium stiing and use my fingernails to apply leverage to the badge and of it comes :)

See pic below :

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah that's how mine is, just the 147 bit. I don't think the 1.6 badge does the car any justice, though it would be nice if people knew what just flashed past ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
debadged looks good on the 156, but ur rite, it does look a wee bit naked on the 147. i think the big rear hatch makes it look very empty without badges.

redd

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
london66 said:
Keep the badges on, you have to be proud of what you are driving ;)
Looks a bit nakes too...
That's why you do not need badges, except the Alfa one of course, .........because you know what you are driving and others do not count :D ;)

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Stori said:
and others do not count :D ;)
Education isn't what it used to be...

I like just the 147 badge, just the right balance.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
On my 155 I just left "155" and took off the "V6" (seeing as it was scracthed and broken anyway).

On the other hand my 33-P4 came debadged and I replaced the whole "33 S 16v Permanent 4" essay accross the bootlid.

Whatever suits the car I reckon.

Generally I'd say remove the small-print and just leave the model number - it fills out the space and tells the infidel you just blew away what car to go and buy next.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For once I can honestly say im 100% happy with my cars looks and therees nothing I want to change. I think the 147 badge on its own looks perfect.

Only one thing left to sort out now.... SPEAKERS !!!

Theres nothing poor or weak about the 1.6 engine :rolleyes:

To anyone who knows anything about 147's it would be obvious what was under the hood, purely from looking at the ride height. To anyone else they would not know any different so who cares if they know its a 1.6 or 2.0 :confused:

And yes when I was looking closely at the badge alignment before removing it. It was all to !!!!, not a straight letter amongst them :cheese:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts