Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new grille badge from Autolusso (which I only ordered yesterday so major :thumbs: in their direction from me) is waiting for me at home. How do I get the old one off?

·
Registered
21 Posts
replacement badges are self adhesive (correct?) so I would imagine the original badge is stuck on in a similar manner and just needs to be prised off.

...I'm looking to get a new badge for my grille as well, just want to be careful with what I use to take the old badge off!

EDIT: nevermind, just saw the link and see it's attached with clips

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Undo the screw on the back .............. warm the badge up with a hairdrier to soften the glue......... and the prize it off.............. or push it off from behind ............. Clean up the gunky sticky stuff left behind (meths or some degreaser) .......... Then stick the new one on ........... and go for a blast !!!!!!

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Follow that link to remove the complete grill and heat the badge to soften the glue etc

Do not try to prize the badge off from the front of the grill by using a screwdriver or similar, you will damage the plastic chrome surround.

If the badge doesnt come off then drill 2 holes in it from the front, screw in 2 screws and then use the screws to pull / prize it off

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
I have just changed my grille badge an hour ago :). took the grille off the car (a few 10mm bolts holding grille on), unclipped the silver bit from the black plastic bit. warmed up with hairdryer and badge was then easy to remove. cleaned off all old glue and muck and then stuck new badge on. 15 mins, easy to do, looks loads better :):

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Much better KB :thumbs:

Tis OK, don't thank us for advising :p :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Much better KB :thumbs:

Tis OK, don't thank us for advising :p :lol:
Thanks for advising!

There doesn't seem to be an embarassed smilie but if there was, I'd insert it here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How about the rear badge...? Mine looks something like your "before" image, keithboy. Does anyone have an equally easy fix guide?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys,is there any 'protection lotion' we could apply on the badge,to prevent fading?e.g. Teflon protection e.t.c.
I assume it's the sun that does the damage so possibly a bit of Piz Buin Factor 30?:lol:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ebay - seller was called autolusso.

£12.50 + £2.50 postage. Brand new so it appeared to be a good price. Sent out very quickly and well packaged so no complaints :)
They still have them in stock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts