Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - the previous owner of my car gave it a re-spray and didn't re-badge it afterwards. I like the badges so I thought I would treat it to a new set. I've managed to source the right "T.SPARK 16V" and "designo Pininfarina" badges but I don't have any accurate dimensions to use to position them.

Could someone with the right car take a few measurements for me? I've marked up the ones I'm after on the pics below (sorry for the poor resolution).

Thanks,

Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Andy,
Just read your post, I'll pop out to the garage tomorrow and get back to you.
Alex

·
Registered
699 Posts
Where did you get the "designo" badges from - mine has the plain pininfarina ones which now I know aren't right are bothering me.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Also one for Alex - I've just bought a poor 2nd hand spider badge which is tarnished and peeling (same as the one on my car but I thought I'd try to refurb a spare first). Any idea what would be good to respray it with?

I did find a new spider badge from Germany on eBay - seller only wanted 920 euros!!!! Not sure if that was real or not. Not available now though.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi - the previous owner of my car gave it a re-spray and didn't re-badge it afterwards. I like the badges so I thought I would treat it to a new set. I've managed to source the right "T.SPARK 16V" and "designo Pininfarina" badges but I don't have any accurate dimensions to use to position them.

Could someone with the right car take a few measurements for me? I've marked up the ones I'm after on the pics below (sorry for the poor resolution).

Thanks,

Andy
On mine (they have been changed after a respray as a warning and the Pininfarina ones are correct):-
pininfarina badges - x3 = 206mm y2 =175mm
t-spark - y1 = 42mm x1 = 57mm x2 = 24mm
dist to left of "T" from RHS of boot = 276mm, to bottom of "T" = 268mm

My Spider badge looks like the base of most of the letters are 45mm up from bottom of boot with the base of the "p" more like 36mm. Base of "p" is 79 to 85mm from left hand side. Left of "S" 49mm from left, right of "r" 186mm from left.

I think Alex's are probably original though and his measurements might be better... But hope this helps anyway

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Andy,
Sorry got a bit tied down at work and was late in. Looks like the lads have beaten me to it.

Gaz: If you can bring the Spider badge to Staverton I'll have a go at refurbing it with my modelling chrome paint.

Cheers, Alex

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks all. The "designo Pininfarina" ones came from ebay listed as aftermarket suitable for a Kia Sedona (which I hope isn't really a Pininfarina design, or maybe they had an off day!). They look like originals IMO, raised lettering rather than the cheap puffy stickers that seem to still be for sale for £3.99. Or pay £50 for the same thing for a Ferrari 360 :biglaugh:

Spider badge was the only one they had put back on; I'll check against Rich's measurements, ta for that. Looking at the V6 badging I can work from 49mm in from the boot shutline and a horizontal line 42mm above the light strip. Then I just need to estimate the distance to leave between T.SPARK and 16V which I will do by eye. I'm getting far too hung up on all this; it's not even as if my car is that original.

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi Andy,
Sorry got a bit tied down at work and was late in. Looks like the lads have beaten me to it.

Gaz: If you can bring the Spider badge to Staverton I'll have a go at refurbing it with my modelling chrome paint.

Cheers, Alex
Thanks Alex that's very kind, ive been pretty remiss in getting out - totally missed the date last week and the kids keep wanting homework assistance the couple before that. I'll make a better attempt for Feb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts