Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I went to my dealer the other day - collecting my car after a selespeed problem...... and I noticed alot of the dealers cars for sale had faded alfa badges....

The cars themself seemed nice..... but the badge was faded....

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've seen it on many an Alfa. Had mine replaced recently - expensive but worth it IMO.

R

·
0 Posts
The lacquer on the badge wears down and as soon as water gets into it the colours start to fade, new ones cost about £10-15 if you go to the right places, £20 from the dealer.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I've just replaced the front one on my GTV, cost about £10

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
robf781 said:
The lacquer on the badge wears down and as soon as water gets into it the colours start to fade, new ones cost about £10-15 if you go to the right places, £20 from the dealer.
Hi Rob -
I noticed after the last wash I gave my bella that the lacquer on the front badge had broken. Colours not faded yet, but would like to replace the badge. Can you say where to get them for £10-£15? And are they easy to remove/attach?

R

·
0 Posts
I got my last one from eBay, but make sure it's a new unopened one and that it's for the right model as some are different. I think it was mangoparts that I got it from. Shop4parts also do them for about £16.50 inc VAT.

They're fairly easy on the spider and GTV, they just attach with self adhesive foam so the old one will prise off easily enough if you're careful. Not sure about the 147, I know the 156 one has a bolt through it and you undo it from the back. Your's may be similar.

The rear badge is a different story.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts