Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Bad vibrations!

Tags
vibrations
781 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ganley1 
#1 ·
Today I attempted to change my pads and discs on my 159Ti, of course the pins on the Brembo's were stuck solid , I managed to loosen and get 3 of them out with the last still stuck in, to get them out I had to use some serious force with a punch and lump hammer, anyway I ran out of time to complete the job so put it all back together with 3 new pins in place of the old ones and headed to work, I now notice a bad vibration rumbling when lifting off the accelerator, get faster/slower to match your speed etc, when im on the gas its not that bad and hardly noticeable just when I lift off its pretty bad, have I somehow damaged something inside the driveshaft or gearbox or something from hitting the callipers that hard that I have somehow vibrated something loose????

#2 ·
If you had a ridge left of the rim of the brakes then it's possible this is upsetting the arrangement

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.