Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I attempted to change my pads and discs on my 159Ti, of course the pins on the Brembo's were stuck solid , I managed to loosen and get 3 of them out with the last still stuck in, to get them out I had to use some serious force with a punch and lump hammer, anyway I ran out of time to complete the job so put it all back together with 3 new pins in place of the old ones and headed to work, I now notice a bad vibration rumbling when lifting off the accelerator, get faster/slower to match your speed etc, when im on the gas its not that bad and hardly noticeable just when I lift off its pretty bad, have I somehow damaged something inside the driveshaft or gearbox or something from hitting the callipers that hard that I have somehow vibrated something loose????

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
If you had a ridge left of the rim of the brakes then it's possible this is upsetting the arrangement

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you had a ridge left of the rim of the brakes then it's possible this is upsetting the arrangement

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!
would this be more noticeable after lifting off the accelerator though? I was thinking more driveshaft as I've heard this is sounding more like that problem, just don't know if what I've done would affect that?
thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
would this be more noticeable after lifting off the accelerator though? I was thinking more driveshaft as I've heard this is sounding more like that problem, just don't know if what I've done would affect that?
thanks
I've just had new discs and pads fitted to the front of my Brera and new discs on the back and I too am now getting a whine/vibration/noise when I lift off the accelerator. I'm also getting a regular rubbing/vibration when I'm doing 70+ that I can feel through the accelerator.

I'm going to go back to the garage to get them to look at it, but if you find out what's causing yours, please post back and I'll do the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just had new discs and pads fitted to the front of my Brera and new discs on the back and I too am now getting a whine/vibration/noise when I lift off the accelerator. I'm also getting a regular rubbing/vibration when I'm doing 70+ that I can feel through the accelerator.

I'm going to go back to the garage to get them to look at it, but if you find out what's causing yours, please post back and I'll do the same.
I'm hoping the problem will be sorted tomorrow, i managed to get 3 of the pins out but have managed to bend the 4th one so i'm going to have to cut it then drill it out then fit the pads and discs in the morning to see if this cures it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hoping the problem will be sorted tomorrow, i managed to get 3 of the pins out but have managed to bend the 4th one so i'm going to have to cut it then drill it out then fit the pads and discs in the morning to see if this cures it.
Managed to free the last sticking pin today with an angle grinder, drill and punch tool, and the cause of the bad vibrations???? somehow the wheel had managed to work its way loose, not completely loose but enough that the wheel nuts had loosened slightly and there was around 5mm of movement off the hub, (note to self) always double check wheels after taking them off)!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts