Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was unfortunate enough for some idiot to smash into the Brera's Left door in a parking lot........ This happened Beginning of September. Insurance ok'd the claim and parts were ordered from Chatz. I was told the parts had to come from Italy and would be here by the end of September. It's now the 17th of October and I can't even get an answer on where the parts are or when I can expect delivery.

I phoned the Alfa customer care line and was promised a call back.... Surprise... no call back yet!

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
:cry:

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Who did you speak to? thats bull**** and they need to sort their house out.. Call koen or Derik directly if you have to

·
Registered
367 Posts
If they used the SA Post Office then you are f#cked. They have been on strike for the past 8 weeks and mail are stuck in the hubs. I am also waiting for a US parcel and cannot even track it

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
If they used the SA Post Office then you are f#cked. They have been on strike for the past 8 weeks and mail are stuck in the hubs. I am also waiting for a US parcel and cannot even track it
+1...I had my coilover, other parts and bank card all delivered via private mailing companies...its amazing how quick it is.

offtopic...hennie...don't you perhaps have GTV 3.0 916 lowering springs just laying around?

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
So I was unfortunate enough for some idiot to smash into the Brera's Left door in a parking lot........ This happened Beginning of September. Insurance ok'd the claim and parts were ordered from Chatz. I was told the parts had to come from Italy and would be here by the end of September. It's now the 17th of October and I can't even get an answer on where the parts are or when I can expect delivery.

I phoned the Alfa customer care line and was promised a call back.... Surprise... no call back yet!
Which panelbeater have you got it at?? With both my accidents this year as soon as my claim was authorised Renew-it had the parts withing a week. Door and various rubber bits in the first one and bumper, rear valance, badges etc in the second. Apparently they don't source parts though the dealer network.

Agree with MasterPaul drop Derik a line. Whenever I've had an issue he's sorted it out chop-chop.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did not rely on the repair shop to order, I ordered personally from Coen at Chatz. The problem is not with Chatz, it's with Alfa SA.

I have personally ordered parts from the UK on numerous occasions and had delivery within a week. Why can a big international company not get this done?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
These monkeys better get their act together because it's stuff like this that makes one's blood boil! My mother needed an inner CV joint for her Panda 4x4 and they ordered it, but had to order the whole shaft, which isn't a big deal. The fact that they took 3 months to deliver...

...and when it came it was for a Panda Young with no ABS??? :eek:

The part finally came 6 months after the original order. That would not have even been remotely possible had I been informed (my mother doesn't like to upset people spo would rather keep quiet instead of asking me to help her!).

This joke is getting old, especially since at the launch of the Giulietta, we were promissed that spares would be a maximum of 2 weeks away in imported, and 2 days away if local. I have never had imported spares arrive within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sounds like its easier to get parts for my 40 year old Junior than a modern Alfa.
From Classic-Alfa or Alfaholics - takes 1,5 weeks from order to delivery in my hands by courier.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Honestly, if the head (Alfa SA), cannot get its act together, how do they expect their dealers to follow suit with service excellence?:D

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I have the same problem, In Johburg since 16/8

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Some of the casual workers are "demanding" to be permanently employed (with all benefits, amounting to a MASSIVE pay hike).
They were promised permanent jobs a year or so ago, to end a strike then. Totally impossible promise, but if you're working for the government, hey, why not promise people stuff that you can't give?

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Most brera parts have to be manufactured first. Thats probably why its taking so long, the joys of dealing with a company that forgets that car ever existed as soon as they close the doors of the plant

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
You need to know that all parts are shipped from Italy in containers that need to clear customs and then be delivered to the main warehouse depot. So the answer you will get is that the parts have been ordered from italy. It will be 2 weeks between shipments so 2 weeks later your part is put on the container bound for SA. It then spends 2 weeks on the ship and a week between the port and exiting the depot (parts are pre-cleared since they are standard automotive parts for a registered entity) from there 3 days to the dealer. That makes 5 weeks and 3 days. There is no way that theu can tell you "2 weeks from Italy" as they usually do. This is worse than the Post Office because some day the strike will end, but the shios will still take 2 weeks and the containers with parts will still be 2 weeks appart and it will still take a week to clear customs, be coded onto the system and despatched to the dealer...

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just an update on the situation. Riaan put me in contact with someone at Alfa SA.... He contacted me back the same day and promised to follow up.

Monday I got a phonecall from a Stephen who apologised for my inconvenience and explained that Italy had no parts. Apparently the non 159 parts on a Brera are not manufactured by Alfa. Anyway, the door I'm waiting for will be delivered to the factory this week and then they will airfreight it to SA. Still don't have a definite delivery date though.

Also had a call yesterday from a lady in their Customer care division telling me that I can pick up a courtesy car from Chatz today.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Just an update on the situation. Riaan put me in contact with someone at Alfa SA.... He contacted me back the same day and promised to follow up.

Monday I got a phonecall from a Stephen who apologised for my inconvenience and explained that Italy had no parts. Apparently the non 159 parts on a Brera are not manufactured by Alfa. Anyway, the door I'm waiting for will be delivered to the factory this week and then they will airfreight it to SA. Still don't have a definite delivery date though.

Also had a call yesterday from a lady in their Customer care division telling me that I can pick up a courtesy car from Chatz today.
At last...some light

Off topic...Chatz is probably only dealer offering a FIVE-year maintenance plan.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts