Alfa Romeo Forum banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
44,837 Posts
Well folks...

... today saw me have an endoscopy (possibly the most awful non-invasive procedure ever). I have 2 gastric ulcers and a hiatus hernia, and biopsies have been taken. On the plus side, my BP was below 150 on multiple occasions, so I'm happy with that.

Other than that, I'm OK....apart from the back pain that I get after a bad job a few weeks ago.

Not even 50 and I'm ready for the glue factory!

It almost makes me wonder why I embarked on the Champix journey :p
Blimey Stan! Hope everything comes back 'normal' for you.

·
Premium Member
77,340 Posts
Well folks...

... today saw me have an endoscopy (possibly the most awful non-invasive procedure ever). I have 2 gastric ulcers and a hiatus hernia, and biopsies have been taken. On the plus side, my BP was below 150 on multiple occasions, so I'm happy with that.

Other than that, I'm OK....apart from the back pain that I get after a bad job a few weeks ago.

Ah, good on you, sir. And don’t talk to me about infirmity. Why, sir, you are the hardy stock that is the core of Britain’s greatness. You have the physique of a demigod. Purple of cheek, and plump of fetlock, the shapely ankle and the well-filled trouser that tells of a human body in perfect working order.

Plus all best wishes, matey...

·
Vendor
45,437 Posts
The shops running out of food is making me somewhat regret losing the best part of 4 stone... Hmmm.

·
Administrator
45,302 Posts
Don't forget rule 1 is cardio.

Rule 3 'beware of bathrooms' must be referring to the dearth of toilet roll.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Well folks...

Blokes really go to great lengths to scare the sh-t out of one another.

Had two endoscopy tests. One down the throat - unpleasant but no more than that. Second up the nose and down into the stomach, preferable to the throat route and very straight forward - Chronic Ulcer Disease and hiatus hernia. Absolutely fine, didn't stop me having a couple of pints of Abbot afterwards.

Camera up the willy - again nothing to be concerned about. Certainly much less painful than childbirth - I would have thought?

Now if you were to ask me about a bone marrow extraction - well the thought is bad enough. However, it was the length of time it took that one has to gird oneself for - the anticipation that at some point in the process it is going to get really painful, yet didn't. Bloody painful for weeks after as it healed - like a boil waiting to burst.

However, whatever your pain threshold is, we just have to grin and bear it - we are British after all!

Ps., Multiple Myeloma diagnosed and gently announced.

However, The biggest shock came from a Pakistani Doctor who obviously doesn't understand how the English use their language.

Describing the feeling of suffocating in my sleep and waking up promptly, gasping for breath, he Baldly declared - Oh yes - classic symptoms of Chronic Heart Failure!

Is there anything left to be scared of?

And now, Matt Hancock announces I am going to be locked up for six weeks? - because of this virus.

If anything, I'm scared for society as a whole. In particular the amount of disinformation that abounds. We need to lay off reading nonsense and get back to a good book. And papers like the Mail, Express, Sun and Mirror should be closed down, PDQ.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Jeez, Sizewell, I hope you are ok fella.

I know you've probably been given advice to prop yourself up in bed, but that's what you need to do. Have you actually had tests to confirm heart failure?

·
Banned
3,808 Posts

I know you've probably been given advice to prop yourself up in bed, but that's what you need to do. Have you actually had tests to confirm heart failure?

I'm fine - Progressive kidney failure - Myeloma, Bone thinning - Myeloma and Immune System Collapse - Myeloma. F--- me, you want me to start worrying about my heart?

Oh and Hypertension and Atrial Fibrillation. Psoriasis like symptoms, caused by immune system deficiency.

At least I don't have Athlete's Foot".

Phoned Hospital yesterday to cancel appointments. They have too much on their hands at the moment and it probably is the worst place to be for picking things up. They rang back - I said I'm fine, cancelled blood tests and Hypertension clinic (Annual MOT) blood tests and date with Dracula's Brides. At least I am spared yet more "Hancocks" been taken.

Had to laugh last time around. Nurse, after several "Stabs" at my arm, said the vein had collapsed, would need to do one from the other arm. "I'll use a smaller needle this time" - Jesus!

"Can't get much out of that arm either", says she!.

"Not surprised, the amount you lot have been draining my body of!" - says I. I leave surgery with two plasters, one on each arm.

The last time I saw that was my mate. We were doing a project in Iraq and after a bad reaction to a Gamma Globulin jab, prior to a project in Bangladesh , I said they were not putting in, or taking anything more out of my body, ever again!

Well Saddam decided everyone had to be tested for AIDs. "They're not touching me", says I; next flight home for me!

"Don't worry says", GEC Administrator, "I'll Fix it."

So, here I am sitting on a wall outside the clinic at Tikrit, as Dave comes out with both arms bent upwards.

"What happened to you?", says I..

"Blood tests, this one is mine", says Dave, showing me his left arm. "And this one is yours - the right!"

Worse things happen at sea.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts

Well, things are moving in apace now!

1.5 million of us being told to isolate for 12 weeks!!!

So I can’t go out to play until the back end of June.

Still, food parcels to be delivered to the door, cost borne by the tax payer seems a tad over generous. Medicines also.

I wonder if Tim Wetherspoon will do his civic duty and arrange for a weekly booze supply for the old and vulnerable, free also. After all, he can’t sell any, so he may as well shift his stock, before the sell by date expires.

I’ll clear some space in the garage.

Although, he will probably argue for his pubs to open specifically for my group. After all, it’s not pubs or social gatherings that spreads this virus.

It’s an E.U. Conspired Pandemic.

“Close the Ports, fill in the Tunnel”.

·
Vendor
45,437 Posts
I've upped my daily press-ups to 300, I've got time on my hands so why not? Taken an online diploma in nutrition for something to do in the evenings/weekends and to fill in an hour here and there. I'm still working for now but the diary is looking sparse for the next few weeks, so if this lockdown goes on much longer I will probably have to close up and furlough staff. We have enough on site to keep us going two weeks max I'd say.

181 - 200 of 205 Posts