Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hardwired my road angel with an additional cigar lighter in the fuse box area below the dash, its earthed to the large allen bolt at the bottom of the fuse box it works fine but I am getting some interferance on the radio only when on AM stations (I listen to virgin radio most of the time). It may be a bad earth, does anyone know of a proper earth in the fuse box below the dash on a brera/159

thanks in advance

p.s i'll post a pic tomorrow.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
i'm not exactly sure in those cars, but in the 156/147/GT, the factory earthing points are either side in the kickpanels, behind the carpet/trims.

when you used the angle - presumably just with the cigarette lighter connection - were there any issues? did you need to cut the angel's cig terminal off, or is that why you added a new female socket - to plug it into that, intact?

:)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not exactly sure in those cars, but in the 156/147/GT, the factory earthing points are either side in the kickpanels, behind the carpet/trims.

when you used the angle - presumably just with the cigarette lighter connection - were there any issues? did you need to cut the angel's cig terminal off, or is that why you added a new female socket - to plug it into that, intact?

:)
i'll take a look under the kickplates - thanks

I just added the female ciggy socket as i think the male socket reduces the voltage down to 5v rather than the 12v from the battery, it works fine, it recognises the current and automatically switches the unit on and off - there's a setting for Hardwire in the control panel - just the interferance only on MW stations FM's fine.

cheers

G

·
AM? Is it 1976 again? :confused:

The places I've used for power/ground are:
in the rear fuse panel, (well useful :thumbs:)
rear light cluster bolt
and up in the courtesy light panel.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AM? Is it 1976 again? :confused:

The places I've used for power/ground are:
in the rear fuse panel, (well useful :thumbs:)
rear light cluster bolt
and up in the courtesy light panel.
1976 :lol: you can only get Virgin radio on MW in the midlands & its mypreferred station at the moment....along with 5 live, again onl on MW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts