Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The plan: Obtain mid/early morning salty, pork goodness and talk nonsense, possibly go for a tootle.

We have a few weeks now to firm up (ahem).

Shall we make it the A68 place again?

But - lets 'ave your views...and get it sorted. :thumbs:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Lads, I've fuct up... I've double booked... Daughter plays footy on Saturday mornings... I have to take her... For that reason I'm out.

Sorry.

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lads, I've fuct up... I've double booked... Daughter plays footy on Saturday mornings... I have to take her... For that reason I'm out.

Sorry.
muppet :lol:

If date is not set in stone I,m game for the week after ?
Tempted to stick with 15th since a few people have clicked ok and I'm not inclined to unpick that. ;)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I don't expect the date to be changed to suit me. I suggested it in the first place after all. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bingo!

So, how early shall we set off....for me the earlier the better......quieter roads etc. Of course, we need to juxtapose with pork related cooking establishments.

I like the cafe on the a68 that panic recommended. Very nice people and food/coffee.

·
Premium Member
77,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
So, how shall we go about this then?

I was thinking meet up early (would 7:30am be alright)? Have a nice drive, culminating in bacon-refreshment. Looking at our group we have the Keith coming up from 'thallerton and possibly B**** coming up from Saltburn, then we have Panic and Mr Adds coming from oop north. Is it too Lazy to suggest Darlo as a meet for the southerners? Then catch up with the northern pie-mongers in West Auckland, p'raps?

This route gives us some bends and straight bits and brings us out slap bang next to a rinded-goodness-opportunity. What do we think?

W. Auckland (start)
Staindrop
Eggleston
Stanhope
Wolsingham
Hamsterley
Windmill
Toft Hill (Bacon)

I reckon meet 8am in W.Auckland and we're all home, tucked up in bed by 10-10:30am, no-one is the wiser (least of all us).

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
only real upgrade would be toft hill to eggleston via woodland and over the fell instead of via staindrop. Or via copley and go over Penny Hill and then eggleston. all roads will lead to B**** heaven so who cares :thumbs:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
How early?! :eek:

I was thinking about trying to meet up with you lot at Toft Hill after footy but that wouldn't be til about half 11.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts