Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a GT and then a 159 jtdm ive decided to buy another GT , this one needs a turbo , so im thinking while i have it in bits sorting the tubby and cleaning oil out of pipework etc , what other mods can i do ? i ran my old GT with just a remap and loved it , ive had a mooch through the tuning section but found it tough finding threads that give a list of specifics for the 1.9 jtd , i expect an decat and EGR delete will be in order with a map but what about swirl blanks ? any help appreciated folks

simon

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
Depending on year you might not even have swirl flaps. If you have them, it makes sense to remove them. Removing the cat directly bolted to the turbo helps with performance, so will a remap and EGR switch off.

As it needs a turbo, a bit extra spent on a hybrid turbo might make sense, at this point though you begin to overwhelm the original clutch.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a 54 plate car pal , im hoping the clutch isnt stiff but if it is then it maybe an ideal oppotunity to sort that and fit a new clutch , it will defo be getting mapped , hybrid eh ? any details ?? or link

1 - 4 of 4 Posts