Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellows!

Finally I decided to get back to 14'' wheels as my alfa is a 1350cc and a 15''x 55x 185 was feeling a bit heavy and the car was suffering a bit wen first starting in traffic.
A friend of mine brought me from Greece/Athens a pair of 14'' ADVANTI racing Ultralight rims and 4 TOYO Proxes 14''x55x195.

Amazing, the difference is amazing,
the car feels lighter, with TOYO I practically don't feel any bump or holes (great suspension),
the acceleration is great and takes less time to rev up to 7000 rpm...the car is really quick now....is just that get less km per every gear I have, but what I get I get it really fast and I like this.:D
Just a question:
How many km do i loose in total, I mean the top speed has to drop down as the wheels are smaller?

I think it was a good deal as I got the Rims+TOYO tires+spacers (but they don't fit they're for Japanese cars), I got everything for 380 EURO:thumbs:;)

Below you can see the pics:
Cheers,
Elvis

P.S. well they need a good cleaning lol :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Not much, the difference is less than 4.7%. For example 185/60/14 is almost equal to 195/50/15. Since you have 195/55/14 and before 195/55/15 then it the difference is 79.8mm less. So when cruising 70mph the actual speed will be 67.1mph.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the same TOYO Proxes T1-R tires in same size

They re maybe the best thing I have done for my Alfa since I got it :)

Incredible set of tires!!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the same TOYO Proxes T1-R tires in same size

They re maybe the best thing I have done for my Alfa since I got it :)

Incredible set of tires!!
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
I agree with that. INCREDIBLE is the right word for that set....and they come with 5 years warranty as far as I know!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I use the link below to calculate different tyre sizes and gear ratios. I use a sud ti gearbox on my race sprint and I'm going to 13" wheels for acceleration in gear rather than top speed.

Speed/RPM Calculator

It will tell you what speed you are doing at any given rpm in any gear.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Funny , I have bought a set of 3 piece split rims for my car and they are really light in comparision to my current rims , I have not fitted them as yet as the rear's are really offset and my body work needs alot of adjustment. I calculated my current wheels which are 215/40/16 and the new 3 piece split rims are 15 inch, the difference between a 15 inch 195/45 and the 16 inch 215/40 the total circumference difference is 3mm, not alot so i doubt I would feel any difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts