Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a painful 17 months without an Alfa I am pleased to say I have just collected an 08 Brera 2.2 JTS. And what a joy it is after shuffling around in a Citroen Picasso all that time. 53K. It's been well looked after with a timing chain replacement and gearbox rebuild done recently along with powerflex bushes fitted to the lower front suspension. £5750... Seller was really nice bloke as well.

This time I don't plan to sell after a few years...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Saw that one for sale ( I'm after one too) Prodrive exhausts I believe? Looks a good one, good price too. Well done, enjoy!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Prodrive back boxes. No hesitation either as far as I can tell so far. Sounds much better than the standard exhaust..

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
Nice car dc, still amazed you got it so cheaply.
Are those wheels 18''? I thought that style was only available in 19'' for the Brera.
Perhaps they're off a Giulietta?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, you could get 18" wheels on the Brera. I had them on my last one. The S Prodrive had the 19" wheels which I think look really good but are quite expensive. Breras still don't command a high price despite there only being around 3000 or fewer in the country. Look around and buy carefully is my advice..

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
No, you could get 18" wheels on the Brera. I had them on my last one. The S Prodrive had the 19" wheels which I think look really good but are quite expensive. Breras still don't command a high price despite there only being around 3000 or fewer in the country. Look around and buy carefully is my advice..
Ah, okay. My brochures are from '06 and '07, they must have started as an option from '08 then.
Only the 7-holes and wire-spokes were available in 18'' until then.
Can't say I've ever noticed 5-hole 18'' wheels on a Brera before.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am thinking of getting my alloys powder coated that colour. I had my last Brera done that way and it really looked the part.. I'm off to see Ned at Autolusso this week about a few upgrades..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also saw this one for sale on AUTOTRADER and it looks like a very nice and well looked after Brera and I think you got it for a very good price. Well done Alfaowner. :thumbup:

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Looks gorgeous and red too :)

Can't imagine driving a Picasso :jester:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts