Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my GTV 3 years ago and ever since I have either owned a focus, vectra and even a Puegot 207. I decided enough of dull boring ownership so yesterday I picked up an 05 GT, it's a jtd as i drive a 60 mile round trip for work everyday, it's awesome to drive, feels tight and everything sounds and feels good. The car has some good specs;

Full leather interior, parking sensors, blue tooth phone system, it is sitting on 17" 156 fl multi spokes, FSH and a years mot and 3 months tax on it. The colour is gab blue.

The rear discs look a bit tired and corroded so I will change them shortly. New arms and drop links were done by auto lusso in may and also a new air con rad has been fitted.

Drivers seat bolster has some loose stitching so I will get this done ASAP.

I still have my punto diesel to mainly use so i will get the belt and pump changed on the GT before I start commuting with her.

I will put some pics on tomorrow.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome back, you car sounds very much like mine, same spec, colour & year too. I had mine re-mapped and I have to say it is so so worth it. If you enjoy it now, a re-map will put that enoyment on a different level :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back, you car sounds very much like mine, same spec, colour & year too. I had mine re-mapped and I have to say it is so so worth it. If you enjoy it now, a re-map will put that enoyment on a different level :)
Thanks,

I've heard that a remap actually improves the fuel consumption as well as the performance....true?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yeah, adding a bit more fuel creates a lot more torque which means that you use less throttle to get moving. Of course the needle will still move if you drive it like a scalded cat, but you will smile more too so I say scald the cat! I do and I haven't noticed my fuel bills increasing.

I have a £50 tuning box which gives me around an extra 30hp and 30 torques. It's not as consistent but I think that's down to the MAF sensor. Suffice to say that performance is brisk to scary.

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts