Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just got me an Alfa 147 Ducati Corse as a cheap and fast runaround mainly for getting to work on the country lanes. What a machine! IT'S ALIVE!!!! Have been running a pair of Audi a6 estates in our house for last few years (I know, Zzzzzzz, CVT autos as well) and the time came to get rid of one and replace with this. It's great to be driving something with some feedback and responsiveness again.

Have had Alfas before a 156 2.0 (pretty good, bad ride I recall)... Also a brera 2.4 (fast in a straight line, bit lardy for twisty roads.) I think this 147 DC epitomises what affordable Alfas should be, even if it is a diesel.

Better go...got a few car jobs to do as you can imagine having bought a used Alfa....

Leaking Oil cooler- done
Broken pass seat fold lever -done
Leaking washer hose -done
Stiff left-right gear linkage -done
Creaky drivers door -todo
Boot doesn't pop open as it should -todo

Thanks to you all for posts helping with above.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Clearly a man of taste and judgement :) Apart from the questionable side stripes, that is.

Can I ask: what was the issue with the passenger seat? I just discovered mine does not unlatch to tip forward, and was assuming broken cable and a faff to replace...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clearly a man of taste and judgement :) Apart from the questionable side stripes, that is.

Can I ask: what was the issue with the passenger seat? I just discovered mine does not unlatch to tip forward, and was assuming broken cable and a faff to replace...
Nubbin thing at the end of the cable had pulled through its retaining ring on the handle plastic moulding. It looked way too fiddly, maybe impossible, to replace the cable and handle Assy supplied by the dealer, so I went for a bodge: carefully positioned and angled 1mm pilot drill hole in the plastic handle, put a self tapping screw in to retain the nubbin thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts