Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a new Bella!

2005 2.4 JTD Veloce Sportswagon in Alfa Red. Leather, Xenons and various other nice bits, and she came with a AO sticker :thumbs: The reg is WV54 SVZ, another pre-registered car by Alfa, just like the last one, does anyone recognise the reg?

I'll post some pics when all the road salt has been removed after a trip back from the NE yesterday. Saturday, she's going into Sunnyside for a quick check-up.

Rob

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are those pics then? :D
I wouldn't disgrace the name Alfa the state she's in at the mo. Looking to get the washing gear out the weekend, so hopefully "soon" is the answer. As I'm coming to you on Thursday I must make the effort :lol:

Rob

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Where in the north east did you buy the car?

·
Vendor
46,595 Posts
Fair enough.

I was wondering if it was a car known to us that's all.
Probably will be in the 'spotted' thread, a red facelift sportwagon is a bit of a rare sight anywhere in the UK..

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fair enough.

I was wondering if it was a car known to us that's all.
Quite possible, the car had a private plate MIB 230 before it reverted to it's original WV54 **Z. The day (7th Jan) turned into quite a trek, with the snow and 280 miles to drive back!

Really must get the pics done this weekend.

Rob

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Quite possible, the car had a private plate MIB 230 before it reverted to it's original WV54 **Z. The day (7th Jan) turned into quite a trek, with the snow and 280 miles to drive back!

Really must get the pics done this weekend.

Rob
Did you buy it privately or from a garage?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you buy it privately or from a garage?
A private sale, the previous owner only had the car for 3 months, before that it was in Fainburn, N Yorks.

He probably sold it 'cos he knew the wipers were b*****d. (Only joking?)

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
A private sale, the previous owner only had the car for 3 months, before that it was in Fainburn, N Yorks.

He probably sold it 'cos he knew the wipers were b*****d. (Only joking?)
So it was probably the previous owner who added the AO sticker then?

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So it was probably the previous owner who added the AO sticker then?
Quite right, the guy who sold it confirmed that. The sticker did put the price up a bit!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello Dave, it was my Sportwagon. Did wonder if I'd read any more about it as I didn't ask your AO member name.

The wiper motor never operated on the top click, I just assumed as they were rain sensing they did everything by themeselves??:confused: They always kept pace with diffrent rain patterns, that is until the park position decided to pack up.

Had a look at your pictures, nice to see her clean again. I agree the wheels in black chrome would be incredible, would have done them that way myself if keeping it.

The economy drive continues, I can confirm the replacement 10 year old 1.2 Corsa is as bad as it sounds (although at least the heater works unlike Alfas)

·
Registered
106 Posts
My 2.4JTD Veloce Sportwagon is registered WV54 SWJ so not too different from yours I too live in Essex.

Just fitted 18" wheels and going to fit a set of Brembo calipers and 330mm discs shortly.

Mine also has Xenons but not leather, I prefer material rather than leather always parinod I will rip a leather seat!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 2.4JTD Veloce Sportwagon is registered WV54 SWJ so not too different from yours I too live in Essex.

Just fitted 18" wheels and going to fit a set of Brembo calipers and 330mm discs shortly.

Mine also has Xenons but not leather, I prefer material rather than leather always parinod I will rip a leather seat!
You weren't in Hornchurch recently were you?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts