Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks.

Doing a spot of Sunday alfa error busting and one is bugging me that I cant get to the bottom of.

So the error I get from multiecuscan is B1033 - Vehicle Speed. Its a Stored error.

It basically stops the cruise control from working. I cleared the error a while back and the cruise control started workin fine again, but it came back recently. The symptoms are the cruise control light, when switching it on at the steering wheel stalk, comes on briefly then turns itself off, presumably due to this error as a safety precaution.

Any idea what this speed error is and how to test or fix it?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Would be interesting to know how all the sensors work together, see if them all register same speed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had thes same. Reset came back, get difficult to start. On morning did not start at all. Ordered towcar to get it to a alfa garage. It 2 sensors measering rpm one on the cam and one of the flywheel. The one one the flywheel was gone. So no signal to the ECU no start. Been as new after change. Maybe you should check with a alfa garage. Cheers

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for this Peob was helpful.

I havnt had many start issues (is that really connected?) but after driving a few times the speed error B1033 has come back and as per normal the cruise control doesnt work again.

Does anyone know if that specific error (B1033) can signify which sensor is out, and how I'd go about testing that?

Has anyone been through this process of changing this as I'll likely do this myself, theres no chance I'd pay the fortunes a Swedish alfa dealer (where I live) would charge to do this.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Go back to basics and do a search on why cruise stops working. Brake pedal or clutch pedal switch etc etc errors on diag do not always suggest the actual fault. Typical examples are glow plug relay or asr fault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts