Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been doing lots of house renovation recently. B&Qs returns policy clearly allows you to return items without a receipt, you end up with a credit note which is OK because I'm buying quite a lot of stuff.

Bought a load of quite expensive roof paint to finish off my flat roofs - wanted to make sure I had enough to complete the job so bought too much, happy that I could return some if necessary.

Went to take one of the unopened tubs back without a receipt.
However, the handle was missing so they wouldn't take it back without receipt as it was not "merchantable quality"
Doesn't matter that the handle was missing when I bought it - so they must have sold it to me as unmerchantable. When I bought it no-one pointed out that this particular tub wasn't covered by their usual returns policy...

So, ended up
1) taking old tub (without handle) back to car.
2) Going and buying new tub with handle.
3) taking old tub with new receipt back to returns area to get money back
4) taking new tub without receipt back to returns area to get credit note
5) received glare from miserable woman in returns area. :cheese:

Later on, whilst buying some more odds and ends I went past the roofing area only to find that the unmerchantable tub was now back on sale again..... :tut:

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
Brilliant bit of lateral thinking mave. :cheese:

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
:lol: top thinking that Mave

·
Registered
380 Posts
B&Q are stupid with returns. Once they had a gas fire returned, didn't check it and gave a refund (cash). It was a box full of bricks!!! and no before you ask, it was nothing to do with me! I just worked for them at the time!

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Later on, whilst buying some more odds and ends I went past the roofing area only to find that the unmerchantable tub was now back on sale again..... :tut:
I'm not sure I could have left the store without saying something about that. Why not just give you the fekking credit note in the first place :mad:

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Why not just keep the receipt? Instead of taking advantage of what is a very relaxed refund policy?

They have no obligation to refund on goods purchased that aren't faulty.....and yes, I know the handle was missing......

V

·
0 Posts
B&Q are stupid with returns. Once they had a gas fire returned, didn't check it and gave a refund (cash). It was a box full of bricks!!! and no before you ask, it was nothing to do with me! I just worked for them at the time!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They have no obligation to refund on goods purchased that aren't faulty......
That's not what their returns policy says... the only thing it says they won't give at least a full value credit note on is special purchase stuff.

Why didn't I keep the receipt? I've probably got it somewhere, but I've recently moved house and had 2 kids and the place is a bit of a mess. If it hadn't been for the advertised returns policy I would have gone looking for it. But, where it states loud and clear that they'll take it back and give me a credit note, then that's what I expect them to do, and I'll get a bit p*ssy if they don't... especially if the reason they give is that they sold me cr*p in the first place!

·
Super Moderator
44,759 Posts
If the same grumpy woman was on the customer service till, how delicious would it have been to take the handle-less tin to her and say you'd just noticed it on the shelf, and thought you should warn them that it wasn't of merchantable quality?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the same grumpy woman was on the customer service till, how delicious would it have been to take the handle-less tin to her and say you'd just noticed it on the shelf, and thought you should warn them that it wasn't of merchantable quality?

So tempting :lol::lol:
What I realised yesterday is that because I bought it originally on my trade acount, I got a 10% rebate - but the credit note was for the full value! I sense a right little earner coming on here :cool:

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
One of my gripes with B&Q is this habit they have of putting returned
items back on the shelf as if it has miraculously become saleable due
to being brought back :confused: Simply selotaping the box closed does
not replace missing items :rolleyes: I wonder how many times an item
has to be sold and then returned before they accept that it needs to be
complete in order to satisfy the customer :rolleyes: and sent back to
the supplier.

Stupid people :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts