Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Alfites,

I did a quick search of the forum but couldn't find a certain fix for my issue.

My 159 with B&M has just stopped recognising my ipod. It worked fine for months and now when I hit the CD button to switch to media player it says no source available.

The Ipod knows it is connected to something as the screen changes when I plug and unplug the cable.

The car hasn't been in for a service or anything like that it just refused to work since Saturday.

Is there anything I can try rather than disconnecting the battery?

(Phone still works OK with B&M if thats any help).

Thanks

Citysliker :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago but sorted itself out after a couple of days and a few unplugs of the USB cable.

All I can suggest, other than the battery disconnect, is to add some new music to the iPod.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have this problem sometimes. The way I deal with it is to switch the engine on wait till error message comes up "no media player connected" or switches straight to radio then switch engine off and then on quickly. 10 seconds later music. Also if you have a lot of music on your Ipod it will takes some time to build up the library I have a 80Gb ipod which is full and if I have added a few more tunes to it it can take up to 30 seconds to rebuild the library.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've recently had this with my new 159 and the first time I've had the pleasure?? of Blue&Me. I've found a quick reset of the ipod sorts it and it carries on playing where it left off. (Reset is hold down the top and middle button together in case you didn't know)

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Two other options:

1. Insert a USB flash drive with some MP3s on it. This will cause B&M to "forget" the iPod and force it to rebuild the file list when you reconnect it.

2. Disconnect the negative lead from the battery (there is an easy lever-operated connector) and leave it for 15+ minutes before reconnecting. You will need to reset the time and date on the trip computer afterwards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've recently had this with my new 159 and the first time I've had the pleasure?? of Blue&Me. I've found a quick reset of the ipod sorts it and it carries on playing where it left off. (Reset is hold down the top and middle button together in case you didn't know)
Is that while your driving :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts